??? HIPAA COMPLIANT

dbear

I was wondering if Express Dictate is HIPAA compliant including VioIP. I am looking for a simple system instead of having to involve myself with an FTP host etc. I would appreciate knowing if you have those capabilities of encryption on your software anywhere and, if so, is it easy for people who are not that technical savvy? Thanks, again. :)

Please read the Express Dictate FAQ: www.nch.com.au/express/faq.html

Q. Is ExpressDictate HIPAA compliant?

ExpressDictate is available with Encryption and is HIPAA compliant.

Express Dictate itself has nothing to do with VoIP, try looking at DialDictate if you want VoIP capabilities. And yes, DialDictate supports recording encryption if you are required to secure patient or client data for transmission over the internet (HIPAA Compliant).

Thanks. I couldn't find the FAQs. :D

Sorry, just one thing. If Express Dictate and Dial Dictate offer these features of encryption per HIPAA I guess I don't need an FTP host as I could then sign up as a typist on your list. Is that how it works? My doctor could dictate and send me the file as long as I am on the list?

Thanks

They encrypt the audio, you still need a process of getting the dictation to yourself for transcription (either by email, ftp, etc...). What list are you referring to? Your doctor will be able to send you dictations using the methods I mentioned previously.