Soundtap does not record with Windows 8 and 10

CarlosLopes

I have exactly the same problem with a Surface Pro 7 running Win 10.   Talked with the NCH support group and went through several rounds of "fixes".  Never worked.  I got it to work on an my old Dell computer, kind of inconvenient.   But, to my pleasant surprise, when I connect the Surface Pro to my bluetooth headset, low and behold I have an audio stream on Sound Tap.  I am going through testing it out now and see if any problems crop up, but I want to than the contributor that suggested Bluetooth as a work around.  Nice

I have the same problem. Changed from my old win 7 computer (where Soundtap) worked fine to a Win 10 laptop and reinstalled and re-registered Soundtap. Streaming audio works fine and is broadcast via headphones but switching Soundtap to record just gives message "Waiting for an audio stream to record." Sound input device says " [Default sound in]".

What's up?

I have the same problem as everyone above.  New computer--HP Envy, Windows 10.  Bought and registered SoundTrap basically because I have other NCH apps that work just fine. But SoundTrap will not record anything.  Waste of money, which I want back!

All -- (Brenda Pruitt) I got the same results. Tried everything to get Soundtap 6.0 to recognize music and start recording with zero results. So I took your advice and went to Bluetooth settings and "connected" to my previously paired remote speaker (which silences my laptop audio and plays audio over the remote speaker) . Automatically I got a signal on Soundtap and it started recording. NCH, hope this helps. 🤨

In Windows 10 if you are not getting a signal into Soundtap  right click on the speaker icon. Click on "sounds".

Click on "recording". Click on "line in". Click on "properties". Click on "listen". Check mark the box "Listen to this device".

This should allow the signal through to Sountap.  I hope this helps you.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

if your computer is using a realtek audio device then these can be troublesome due to recent security applied on newer realtek audio drivers.

one way around this is to try to use older versions of the drivers or generic drivers from microsoft but this is fidly and not really a long term solution.

I have recently found a solution to getting soundtap to work correctly on my aus rog that has realtek drivers, it also worked on my dell 7373 inspiron laptop so it has fixed the issue on two machines so far, does not mean it will work on all but please try this.

obviously make sure soundtap has been installed and registered, 

then try this

open youtube and play a long video, we dont it stopping while we are trying this fix, this will ensure there is audio being played at all times

now open soundtap , if there is no audio being seen 

try this , go to the start menu on windows and right click and choose run

now paste this into the run box

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL Mmsys.cpl,,1

press enter

the above will open a sound windows which will be focused on the recording options, dont change anything just drag the window to the side and continue working