Which program to use for video clip from camera

bettei

I bought a new Canon Power Shot camera for a recent cruise, and took both still shots and video clips with it. All the video clips(quicktime) play fine on my computer with XP Media edtion, but when I tried to import some of them into a slideshow I wanted to make, some of them play just fine in it, but a few of them I can only get scratchy noise when the slideshow software tries to play them.

I asked the techs from ProShow slide show software what could be the matter, and they said that sometimes clips from the same camera will make a clip with different codecs, and apparently their software won't read this clip of mine. I find this odd, this never happened with my older Canon camera. Anyway, they suggested trying to convert this unreadable clip to a different format like .avi or or .wma or something, and then try putting it into a show.

So I downloaded both your Video pad and Prism, and what I got was the clip to play without sound, and then a separate file that has just the audio. So I wondered if you might have some advice on things I could try, and with which program to use??

Have you ever heard of the same camera recording videos different?

Thanks!