Audio recording

Guest April Aldrich

Guest April Aldrich

aprilaldrich@comcast.net

I am recording in 8-bit u-law 8KHz mode for a telephone system. Regardless of the microphone volume adjustments I make, I can't get rid of a background buzz. I must have this recording done by 3/9/05 I'm in deep trouble. Can anyone give me some suggestions please?!

aprilaldrich@comcast.net

I am recording in 8-bit u-law 8KHz mode for a telephone system.  Regardless of the microphone volume adjustments I make, I can't get rid of a background buzz.  I must have this recording done by 3/9/05 I'm in deep trouble.  Can anyone give me some suggestions please?!

We have been doing recordings for a phone system and have been experiencing the same problems. We have found that recording the messages at 44.1 16 bit mono and then using a command line program called 'sox' - available on line - to reduce the files, the recording sound much better.

sox input.wav -r 11025 -b -u output.wav polyphase

hope this helps

Guest Guest
aprilaldrich@comcast.net

I am recording in 8-bit u-law 8KHz mode for a telephone system.  Regardless of the microphone volume adjustments I make, I can't get rid of a background buzz.  I must have this recording done by 3/9/05 I'm in deep trouble.  Can anyone give me some suggestions please?!

Have you tried the Noise reduction function?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Khidr

khidr99@hotmail.com

Have you tried the Noise reduction function?

I have the same problem, I bought a new mic because I thought that might be the problem, but it wasn't. It isn't the speakers either. If I don't add any effects to the file, it comes out fine, but as soon as I add echo or any other effect it comes out horribly, with lots of hissing and scrathy sounds.