WavePad wont save changes

WaVerBeAtz

Hi all. ive been modifiying my music then saving them as Mp3 Bitrate 320. but when ever i delete parts of a song and save it. It doesnt save my changes. could someone please help me fix it please. I use Wavepad sound editor everyday.

Thanks WaVerBeAtz

Help will be Appreciated

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi,

That is a strange problem. Maybe the file you are trying to edit is write protected. Try saving to another place, with a different filename to be sure you don't get the files mixed up, and then open your new file and check whether your changes have been saved.

Another thought: could it be that you're trying to edit a file that you have added to an iTunes library? iTunes likes to copy files to its own internal folder, so if you edit the original then the one in iTunes will remain unchanged.

Alex

I have been able to change everything else. But the difficulty im having is with the delay at the beginning of the song. If i delete only the blank space at the start of the song and save it and close Wavepad. Then open the song with Wavepad the changes i made aren't there.

Ive been able to do this before without problems until today. im not sure why though.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks WaVerBeAtz

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi WaVerBeAtz,

What you're running into is a problem with the mp3 encoding/decoding process. In summary, you can't guarantee that there won't be a little bit of silence at the start or end of an mp3. For a technical explanation see here: http://lame.sourceforge.net/tech-FAQ.txt . To get around the problem, save to a different format.

Alex

• 2 months later...

I had this same problem when I installed WavePad onto a new computer, even though I was using the same sound files (mp3) on the same hard drives that had been in my previous computer. The only difference was it was running Windows 7 rather than Win XP on the previous computer. I had done absolutely nothing to change the sound files in any way previous to attempting to edit in WavePad, which I had been using for years. On investigation, it turned out that Win 7 had changed the permissions that were set. These can be found by right clicking on a file or directory, then choosing Properties>Security and seeing which items are checked for each user. If this is the issue, I suggest going to the drive entry in the directory tree and changing the permissions for the user for 'This folder and children'. Don't forget to click 'Apply'.