4 replies to this topic

#1 dutch

dutch

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

I can't find the preferences setting for this. I want to set Debut to default to record in MP4 format every time I open the app. I've looked through Options several times, but I'm just missing it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dutch

#2 dutch

dutch

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

In other words, whenever I open Debut, it's default setting is to capture video in .avi format. I'd like to set the preferences so that .mp4 is the default format. How do I do that?

thanks for any help.
D

#3 FarrisB

FarrisB

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Create a batch file to start debut from the command line.  Pass in the format you like it to start out with.

debut -format mp4

Also, see this article http://www.nchsoftwa...re/kb/1511.html

#4 mike.hiskey

mike.hiskey

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'd like to be able to enter more specific options that I don't see on the command line documentation. For example: Record at 640 x 480 @ 24fps, H264, 96Kbps AAC audio, etc. This could be a command line thing, or default setting for all users, but I haven't found where the settings are stored. Thoughts?

#5 jakeller

jakeller

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I would like to set these default recording options (e.g. format, exposure time, etc) for my USB camera as well as well - is there any way to do this from the comman line, or otherwise, to prevent resetting every time I plug the camera in?