Streaming Live and Pre-Recorded

TexasHank

I've just downloaded BroadWave in order to evaluate it and am impressed, I've been able to get it to broadcast, I've been able to create streams etc, but the one thing I really need to do is be able to fire off a pre-recorded audio file during the broadcast.

I've searched and found a discussion about this under Windows 7 but I'm running XP and can't find any instructions on how to accomplish what I need, if anyone has advice on how to do this, or a link to instructions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Hank

With Broadwave alone, you need to specify the URL of the stream when connecting, either the live stream or a pre-recorded file, as far as I'm aware.

However when you use Broadwave in conjunction with another program to select the audio, it's a very powerful combination.

With XP and a good soundcard which allows "stereo mix" to be selected as a recording device in audio properties, then you use Broadwave to stream the audio being played by the PC. In my case, I use the program Zara Radio (the free version) to play either pre-recorded audio files or select the line in (Zara calls it "satellite input") to relay live audio though the PC's line in connector.