Express Talk loses SIP registration

erikcw

Hi all,

I'm using Express Talk with FreeSwitch. When I first start Express Talk, I can place and recieve calls without any problems. After about 5 or 10 minutes, Express Talk stops recieving phone calls. X-Lite seems to work fine, so I don't think the problem is with my PBX (FreeSwitch). Is there any way to make Express Talk re-register its SIP connection every few minutes? (does it re-register at all?)

Thanks!

Erik

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi all,

I'm using Express Talk with FreeSwitch. When I first start Express Talk, I can place and recieve calls without any problems. After about 5 or 10 minutes, Express Talk stops recieving phone calls. X-Lite seems to work fine, so I don't think the problem is with my PBX (FreeSwitch). Is there any way to make Express Talk re-register its SIP connection every few minutes? (does it re-register at all?)

Thanks!

Erik

Hi,

It sounds like your router could be closing the port after a certain time.

Try setting up port forwarding on the router, to forward ports 5060 to 5080, and 8000 to 8020 to the computer running express talk.

That should stop it from disconnecting.

thankyou

• 1 year later...

I have the same or similar problem,

loosing registration after first register, next registration are lost and registration expires.

i'm registering only 1 line.

i'm not behind router.

i have try versnio 4.14 and beta 4.15 result is the same.

how do i set timer to reregister?

where is registration timing sttings? or it is hard coded ?

how do i improve this situation?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Forwarding the ports won't work unless you change the UDP port closing time to be longer than the registration interval (which is one hour - 3600 seconds). UDP port on most routers expire in 300 seconds so if you registered and try to call yourself after 5 minutes, chance are ExpressTalk won't ring. I think at least my version of ExpressTalk (v4.03) does NOT send "Keep Alive" packet to keep the UDP port open; hence, this problem. I haven't figure out a way to workaround this shortcoming of ExpressTalk yet short of changing my UDP closing time to 3600 (which I try to avoid doing).