"Recorded message discarded because it was too short"

mikeprocess

About half of the phone calls that IVM Answering Attendant picks up ... when people leave a message it is recorded properly.

But the other half aren't recorded, and the log shows this: "Recorded message discarded because it was too short"

Is there a specific setting that I can adjust so this will happen less frequently?

Thanks

I don't actually have IVM up and running right now, but I believe you can change the settings in the mailbox's properties. The default if I remember correctly is 3 second minimum, the assumption being there isn't really much anybody can say or do in 3 seconds except for hanging up.

It's probably just hang-ups. Lots of people get to the 'leave a message after the tone' prompt and just before (or during) the tone they hang-up. As a result, the only thing recorded is the phone hanging up, and IVM discards this as a non-important message. If you think something else is going on, you can try testing your self. Phone up the number/extension leave a message a couple of times, then phone up and hang-up / leave a very short message and see if you get the error.