2-channel recording - how to isolate channels

Patita

I've just bought my first Mac after using PCs for 26 years! I used Express Scribe with no problems on my PC. Now I've downloaded the Mac version (I have a MacBook Air running Leopard). I had no problem loading an mp3 file and getting it to play. The problem is that it's a two-channel recording and I want to be able to isolate the channels and listen to just one at a time. I was able to do that on the PC. I've looked through the help files and didn't find anything about this -- maybe I missed it. Thanks for any suggestions.

I should add that the version that is now installed on my Mac says "1:41 Express Scribe" at the top and it does not resemble the screen shot here: http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/screenshots/main.gif

It does not have the menu bar: File-Control-View-Notes-Bookmark-Settings-Help and the tool bar is quite different. Also the "Welcome" from NCH Swift Sound is not there. I've tried downloading and installing the program three times with the same result.

Thanks!

Figured it out on my own eventually. It's my lack of experience with the Mac way of doing things that was causing the problem. Express Scribe works fine and does exactly what it's supposed to do. The menu is at the TOP of the screen, not in the program window. When will I remember that?

• 13 years later...