Slice problem

segastar

I downloaded Slice, and I have an 891mb file that I want to split into four files. I select that I want to split into 4 files, and it does, but each file is about 575 bytes, which is way to short. How do I split the files correct (So that each file is about 220 mb)?

• 5 months later...
I downloaded Slice, and I have an 891mb file that I want to split into four files. I select that I want to split into 4 files, and it does, but each file is about 575 bytes, which is way to short. How do I split the files correct (So that each file is about 220 mb)?

I'm having the same problem. I've been able to split files that size before, but it suddenly stopped working.

• 2 months later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

What type of audio files are both you guys using? I haven’t seen this in the lab.

Please let me know

Cheers

M

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem - 38Mb file to split into 7 parts, all turned out as 1Kb. I checked the FAQ on tech support and found a complaint of NO output. The solution offered was "Please download the mp3el.exe from our Components page." It worked for me...

• 3 weeks later...
I had a similar problem - 38Mb file to split into 7 parts, all turned out as 1Kb. I checked the FAQ on tech support and found a complaint of NO output. The solution offered was "Please download the mp3el.exe from our Components page." It worked for me...

I have the same problem, i.e. an mp3 file of 234mb lasting 11h 23m 13s. I want to slice this into 30 minute segments. I have set all the parameters correctly and I get 23 files all 195 bytes and obviously they Won't play.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9500 quad core

RAM 2GB

Drive: 260GB free space

I also searched the faq section and was advised to download mp3el.exe. I downloaded and installed but no difference, still lots of files that are too short and won't play!

Had hopes for this software but not so sure now. First post was 15th August last year, Added to tracker 8 moths & 7 days later - April 22nd 2009.

It is now May 10 just short of a year from the first complaint and still not rectified.

I know Slice is free with the line Slice is offered free in the hope you will try related software, well not much hope of that if it takes such a long time to get the software to you claim it does.

Guess for now I'll uninstall and find something that does work and splits my large mp3 into usable smaller files. I cannot wait another 11 months.