Failed call attempts

tigerpaw

I was having so many issues trying to install on a Vista system, that I finally gave up and installed on XP. I've gotten further with XP , but now I am getting this:

11:37:04 Making outbound call on line CAHTA 1

11:37:08 Call attempt failed - cannot get a dialtone on the line

11:37:08 Outbound call not answered

11:37:08 Call disconnected

I do have a dial tone and I'm using a synway sht/2usb telephony module. I was reading somewhere that there is a ini file that can be installed to fix the issue I am now having. Does anyone know where I can get a download from or of any other possible fixes? Thanks.

Where are you located? Different regions of the world have different dial-tones, and some modem hard ware / voice boards are only set to detect specific frequencies (e.g. for the North American standard tones), so that when you import the device and use it in another country, it may become unusable.

Some of the more advanced voice modems and voice cards/boards have regional settings that can be adjusted using the included driver software. The regional settings should allow you to adjust the hardware to scan for the different types of tones (e.g. dial-tone, busy/engaged tone, call waiting tone) for your area.

Where are you located? Different regions of the world have different dial-tones, and some modem hard ware / voice boards are only set to detect specific frequencies (e.g. for the North American standard tones), so that when you import the device and use it in another country, it may become unusable.

Some of the more advanced voice modems and voice cards/boards have regional settings that can be adjusted using the included driver software. The regional settings should allow you to adjust the hardware to scan for the different types of tones (e.g. dial-tone, busy/engaged tone, call waiting tone) for your area.

Thanks for the reply, I had e-mailed synway tech support and they had me change my tone parameters. I reside in the US and I made the following changes:

ShConfig.ini” to detect dial tone: set “TonePara=350,80,435,80, 50

the original setting was 450,80,0,0,50

Hope this helps out anyone in the states who may be experiencing the same issue.

They just e-mailed me a few minutes ago, I changed it and it is now working fine!