I have been trying to use Switch to open Mp2' s that are from Korg PXR4 Recorder.

The files are 32kHz sample rate and I desire to convert them to .aiff files at 44.1kHz sample rate. Switch does not recognize the file format and will not play it.

I have been able to do this by using another program called Mpecker, and sample rate converting using either Sound Designer or Peak, but the process is really clumsy involving two computers.

If Switch Plus can do this, I would gladly buy it. The documentation on the web is vague on this.

I am running Mac OS 10.3.9

Guest nchcc
I have been trying to use Switch to open Mp2' s that are from Korg PXR4 Recorder.

The files are 32kHz sample rate and I desire to convert them to .aiff files at 44.1kHz sample rate. Switch does not recognize the file format and will not play it.

I have been able to do this by using another program called Mpecker, and sample rate converting using either Sound Designer or Peak, but the process is really clumsy involving two computers.

If Switch Plus can do this, I would gladly buy it. The documentation on the web is vague on this.

I am running Mac OS 10.3.9

Richard,

mp2 is not suported for mac...So a purchase or upgrade will do you no good... see here:

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/kb/747.html

For windows the fix is to check that you have the latest DirectX installed. Go to www.windowsupdate.com, select the "Custom Install" option, and see if "DirectX" is listed in the software list. Download and install it.

Not to helpful for you but if any window user comes along they may find this helpful.