Considering a Purchase

ptreseler

Thinking about purchasing this product to replace our dinosaur mini cassette and dicataphone equipment (Express Dictate, Express Scribe, Professional Transcription Foot Pedal by VP (USB), Headset Spectra SPPC, Dictation Controller DCVDUSB). Can anyone give me advice as to the negatives? I've read a few forum entries regarding version issues (we use Mac), and I've seen some comments regarding the file types. I'm new to this, so I don't know the lingo. Any advice or comments are appreciated.

MAC User,

Can you provide a little more info on how you plan to deploy Dictate and Scribe?

We have about 40 dictation stations and 10 transcription stations... About 200 dictations daily... There are a number of pros and cons, but most are relative to the way you configure the applications. For example, we are have issues trying to replicate the foot pedal on the keyboard (if the pedal dies, users have an alternative input source). We are trying to use F16-F19, but mapping those keys produces strange results! We have asked NCH to purchase an Apple keyboard to do testing...

Brian :)

It's just one dictator and one transcriber. I was hoping to maybe use the keyboard for dictation, but footpedal and earphones for transcription. I would be interested to see how NCH responds to your request. We have maybe a half dozen dictations during the day, some ranging from a short letter to longer litigation documents that are about 15-20 minutes of dictation. Are all your stations Macs?

MAC User,

Can you provide a little more info on how you plan to deploy Dictate and Scribe?

We have about 40 dictation stations and 10 transcription stations... About 200 dictations daily... There are a number of pros and cons, but most are relative to the way you configure the applications. For example, we are have issues trying to replicate the foot pedal on the keyboard (if the pedal dies, users have an alternative input source). We are trying to use F16-F19, but mapping those keys produces strange results! We have asked NCH to purchase an Apple keyboard to do testing...

Brian :)