Mixpad - recording

sam.moylan

Hi there,

I'm trying to add a vocal line to a track and even though I sing it while listening to the track when I play it back within 10 seconds it's completely out of synch. I've done it over and over and I know that I'm singing it in time and can't for the life of me understand why. Has anyone come across this or know what I'm doing wrong? Please save my sanity and help me out! :blink:

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue. The timeline is at the beginning each time but all subsequent tracks are out of synch with the first. I've downloaded the trail version and would love to give it a try before buying but I see that this is a dead forum so I shouldn't hold my breath for a response. I see first post was 08/03/2008 and then aresponse a few days ago. It says technical support would frequent this board but that doesn't seem to be occurring either. Oh well, I'll write this product off my list and try one of the others or just go back to Cool Edit Pro or Cakewalk.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried everything to try and get the tracks to sync automatically. I tried locking them immediately after recording, starting recording with the time line at the beginning and starting with the time line at a set point and nothing seems to make a difference.

It seems that the most recently recorded track is slightly longer at the beginning of the track than the previously recorded track. This means you have to trim a bit off the beginning and then try to manually line up the tracks. Simple enough if the tracks you are attempting to sync are of a rythmical nature but a nightmare for swirling keyboard sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now discovered that if you select a clip by right-clicking, you can then adjust the start time with the + and - controls . Therefore, if you drag your clip to roughly where it should start and then fine tune the clips start time as above, you should be able to synch up the tracks fairly easily.

Still a bit of a pain in the wotsit, but hey....... it is free!

• 5 months later...
I've now discovered that if you select a clip by right-clicking, you can then adjust the start time with the + and - controls . Therefore, if you drag your clip to roughly where it should start and then fine tune the clips start time as above, you should be able to synch up the tracks fairly easily.

Still a bit of a pain in the wotsit, but hey....... it is free!

I've also been maddened by the out-of-sync problem. One thing that helps is to set the recording sample rate for that track very high (88200 or 96000). Probably uses a lot of memory, but it works.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I just downloaded the free program this week to give it a try, and I'm having the same problem. I'm doing multiple vocal tracks, and I KNOW I am singing exactly in sync with what I hear. Then, I playback and the sync is sloppy. I even tried rerecording the track singing out of sync, and to some degree it has worked, but its impossible to get that right. So, here it is late 2013, and LesPaulMan posted that the development team was aware of the issue nearly 5 years ago now.

I'm going to retry, listening to only one side of the headphones. I know in pro studios, if you listen to both earpieces, there is a sync issue. Problem with that is, I can barely hear the tracks through the headphones as it is. So, we'll see. Could even be a sound card issue.

Guest N C H_TM

On the menu at the top click File, then select Options. In the Audio Recording section you'll see a check box that says Offset recordings (adjustment for hardware latency). You can use this to make adjustments to correct syncing issues that come from the sound card. From the MixPad Help File:

Offset recordings (adjustment for hardware latency): If the recordings you are making with MixPad are not perfectly synchronized with each other, then you may have hardware latency issues. You can specify an offset in milliseconds here which will automatically adjust your recordings.This option is only available if you are using an MME recorder. The issue of latency should not affect you if you are using an ASIO capable sound device and selecting the ASIO drivers for both playback and recording.