Express Invoice - How Do You Restore from Backup

dubl0zero

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm not related to NCH, but found a way to restore my data.

First, locate the folder where you created your back-up. Then, look for the data folder for the re-installed program (mine was under C:/documents and settings/all users/application data/NCH software/expressinvoice ) You may have to change the permissions for that file folder under the security tab of the properties.

Next, I deleted all of the contents in the expressinvoice folder.

Then, I copied all of the sub-folders and data files from my back up folder to the expressinvoice folder.

Then restarted the program, and voila - everything was restored.

I realize this is a bogus way to have to do it, and the NCH should jump up and create a proper restore function, but hey, at least I'm back up and running! ;)

Regards

Dave

Can anybody please tell me how to restore the backed up data from Express Invoice on Windows Vista (it appears to store the data differently to XP machines). :(

Thanks.

Shane.

I am also running vista- yea the user file paths are different, I looked in their help files again and it appears copying the entire folder to a shared network drive (folder) would work, for example, if you copied it every week and then something happened, you would simply need to copy it from that location back to the orginal and it will be restored. Of course this only works if you have a location on the network to copy the backup :rolleyes:

I am also running vista- yea the user file paths are different, I looked in their help files again and it appears copying the entire folder to a shared network drive (folder) would work, for example, if you copied it every week and then something happened, you would simply need to copy it from that location back to the orginal and it will be restored. Of course this only works if you have a location on the network to copy the backup :rolleyes:

I have Vista too and I need to restore.... has anyone figured this one yet?

What is the original location?

After trying for an hour to work this out I then worked out how to restore your files , What you need to do is the following.

This will only work if you have a backup of your data...

1) Open the folder that contains your backup data, from there you will need to copy all folders & files under the Express backup.

2) And copy them to the folowing folder below overwriting all files that are currently in there

3 c:\users\all users\nch sofware\expressinvoice

4 This Folder is a hidden folder so You will need to unhide this if you want to copy it in windows, or you can copy it from a dos prompt if you are unable to find out how to unhide folders in windows Vista :D

This way does work in Windows Vista, and does not cause any problems

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I'm not related to NCH, but found a way to restore my data.

First, locate the folder where you created your back-up. Then, look for the data folder for the re-installed program (mine was under C:/documents and settings/all users/application data/NCH software/expressinvoice ) You may have to change the permissions for that file folder under the security tab of the properties.

Next, I deleted all of the contents in the expressinvoice folder.

Then, I copied all of the sub-folders and data files from my back up folder to the expressinvoice folder.

Then restarted the program, and voila - everything was restored.

I realize this is a bogus way to have to do it, and the NCH should jump up and create a proper restore function, but hey, at least I'm back up and running! ;)

Regards

Dave

Dave,

I tried what you said, but you can't delete the EI start icon and even though that's probably obvious, I thought I'd mention it. Anyway, I copied the backup into the folder (mine was located in the same place yours is) but nothing happened. Does anyone know if NCH is doing anything about this? Seems a lot of people have this problem especially if you have to move to another computer. :(

Thankyou, The Master, I copied the location you gave and placed it in "run". It worked fine when I replaced the backup into the ExpressInvoice folder.

After trying for an hour to work this out I then worked out how to restore your files , What you need to do is the following.

This will only work if you have a backup of your data...

1) Open the folder that contains your backup data, from there you will need to copy all folders & files under the Express backup.

2) And copy them to the folowing folder below overwriting all files that are currently in there

3 c:\users\all users\nch sofware\expressinvoice

4 This Folder is a hidden folder so You will need to unhide this if you want to copy it in windows, or you can copy it from a dos prompt if you are unable to find out how to unhide folders in windows Vista :D

This way does work in Windows Vista, and does not cause any problems

• 2 weeks later...

Dgits

In the latest version currently in testing (v 2.01) it will be in /Users/Shared/Library/Appliation Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice

In previous versions, it is in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Applicaiton Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice

• 2 weeks later...
Dgits

In the latest version currently in testing (v 2.01) it will be in /Users/Shared/Library/Appliation Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice

In previous versions, it is in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Applicaiton Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice

Hello nchaj !

Thank you for your previous message. That good !

But, i have another problem with printed invoices:

On the windows version, the informations of supplier and client is good:

invoice_old.jpg

Picture (old)

and on the mac osx version, there is a problem:

invoice_new.jpg

Picture (new)

Have you an idea about this problem ?

Thank you !

I thought I posted sorry! (hmmm brain fry)

Its fixed in the version which is being developed as we speak.. V 2.02 I believe it is. If all goes well should be out next week

I thought I posted sorry! (hmmm brain fry)

Its fixed in the version which is being developed as we speak.. V 2.02 I believe it is. If all goes well should be out next week

Hi nchaj,

Does this mean the Mac bug on address lines and UK date format will be sorted as well?

Here's Hoping.........

V 2.02 was released today.

I cant see a lot of detail online, but when I spoke to the developer he said the address formatting was fixed in this release. Test it and see, if its still and issue let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Nchaj,

I have installed the new version 2.02 for mac but the problem persists.

I can't know manage to make return to the line (enter) for the addresses provider and customer AND for the information located in bottom.

All is on a one line :(

For recall:

But, i have another problem with printed invoices:

On the windows version, the informations of supplier and client is good:

invoice_old.jpg

Picture (old)

and on the mac osx version, there is a problem:

invoice_new.jpg

Picture (new)

Thank's for your help.

V 2.02 was released today.

I cant see a lot of detail online, but when I spoke to the developer he said the address formatting was fixed in this release. Test it and see, if its still and issue let me know

Express invoice 2.02 is now available, but has gone back in with a few new bug fixes.

So Backup and Restore and now easy options available through Tools Menu.

Yes dgits it was a bug, fixed in v 2.02

Sorry nchaj but the problem persist with the new version 2.02 with bug fixes.

See the problem please:

Before passing mac osx:

invoice_old.jpg

Picture (old)

After:

invoice_new.jpg

Picture (new)

Similar if one works on a new company. :blink:

That's a very problem for me.

Thank you for your help !

Express invoice 2.02 is now available, but has gone back in with a few new bug fixes.

So Backup and Restore and now easy options available through Tools Menu.

Yes dgits it was a bug, fixed in v 2.02