Adding Prompts

jigarshukla

In a typical set-up, each OGM would have it's own prompt. You can set the prompt audio in the OGM's properties window (either an audio file, text to speech script, or a recording).

The built-in prompts are only there to handle built-in IVRs (e.g. for the voice-mail system) and mix-and-match recordings (e.g. digits, currency)

In a typical set-up, each OGM would have it's own prompt. You can set the prompt audio in the OGM's properties window (either an audio file, text to speech script, or a recording).

The built-in prompts are only there to handle built-in IVRs (e.g. for the voice-mail system) and mix-and-match recordings (e.g. digits, currency)

Thanks for your reply. I am creating an IVR system for account balance inquiry. I can see the built in system prompt for 1 to 9, 10, 20 upto...100 the highest one is for 1000. I want to add prompts for 2000,3000 ..... 10000, 20000 ...... upto 1 million as it is not built in the system. Without adding the customised prompt, I am not sure how to complete the system. Please advice. Thanks....

IVM can already go up to and past a million (there is a million prompt)..

'2000','3000','4000',etc. are not necessary...

IVM will automatically combine 2 or more prompts to read out a number. E.g. "five"+"thousand"+"thirty"+"six"+"dollars"+"sixty"+"eight"+"cents" to read out "5036.86"

The only case where this wouldn't work properly is if your IVR was in a non-English language that has a different format/structure for reading out numbers.

In this case you could use Text To Speech as an alternative using a TTS Voice speaking your language.