Cannot open software

julesleni

I downloaded and purchased Recordpad this evening. While entering the ID number I encountered an invalid registration message. I inadvertently exited te registration screen. When I attempted to open the program, nothing happened. I REBOOTED MY COMPUTER AND STILL THE PROGRAM DOES NOT OPENWhat should I do? I need to make a recording.

Thanks.

Jules Leni

jules@jleni.com

• 6 months later...
I think this should help you

http://www.nch.com.au/recordpad/kb/628.html

cheers

As soon as I saw the subject I knew what the problem was and what would probably be the answer. I was right. I have already, "Disabled the "Run RecordPad and start recording when computer starts" option in the Startup section.", but that has not fixed the problem. I want to open RP when I want to use it and then shut it down when I am done, not leave it running in the Systray, and I want to do it with the fewest possible motions.

The problem can be seen in the program itself. Click on the File menu and you see there are two options for shutting down, one for Exit (Close to tray) and Exit (Turn Off). Problem is that clicking on the actual Exit button, you can only (Close to tray). When I choose Exit, I mean to EXIT, not almost exit. When I want to start RP, I want to use the icon on my Launch Bar, not search for it in the Systray

I have raised this subject with our developers already and we are looking into possible changes to the way the software is closed.

As soon as I saw the subject I knew what the problem was and what would probably be the answer. I was right. I have already, "Disabled the "Run RecordPad and start recording when computer starts" option in the Startup section.", but that has not fixed the problem. I want to open RP when I want to use it and then shut it down when I am done, not leave it running in the Systray, and I want to do it with the fewest possible motions.

The problem can be seen in the program itself. Click on the File menu and you see there are two options for shutting down, one for Exit (Close to tray) and Exit (Turn Off). Problem is that clicking on the actual Exit button, you can only (Close to tray). When I choose Exit, I mean to EXIT, not almost exit. When I want to start RP, I want to use the icon on my Launch Bar, not search for it in the Systray