Editing one track

RStakenas

There was at least one other post on this, but no YES or NO answer:

So ... to restate the question:

Is there a way IN WavePad to apply an effect (like AMPLIFY) to only one Track?

Tks

-Ray

=======================

In a word: NO

Tks

-Ray

=======================

In a word: NO

Ahhhh ... finally a direct answer ... tks :)

hi Ray,

not in wavepad,no.

audacity will do what you want for free (unless you use a program like adobe audition).

private message sent with more details.

=================================

You seem to be missing a SUPERB (also very cheap shareware) program which will do this and much, much, much, much, much, much, much (ad infinitum) more. Far, far, far, far (ad infinitum) better than audacity. Take it from one (guess who?)who knows. Could it be that you are unaware?

A private question will get you private information.

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

(now where in Oz is that rabbit hole?)

You seem to be missing a SUPERB (also very cheap shareware) program which will do this and much, much, much, much, much, much, much (ad infinitum) more. Far, far, far, far (ad infinitum) better than audacity. Take it from one (guess who?)who knows. Could it be that you are unaware?

A private question will get you private information.

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

(now where in Oz is that rabbit hole?)

absolutely bizarre (why 7 'much's and 4 'far's?).

if you have some info,then spit it out and stop being so mysterious and secretive.

i hate this cryptic nonsense you spout.

absolutely bizarre (why 7 'much's and 4 'far's?).

if you have some info,then spit it out and stop being so mysterious and secretive.

i hate this cryptic nonsense you spout.

================================================

Let me repeat: A private request will get you the information--privately.

This discussion forum is maintained by NCH. Its purpose is the discussion of NCH products; it is not meant to be a forum for the discussion of the merits or demerits of competing products. This is a matter of ethical conduct, whether or not you like or dislike a particular NCH product or approve of the manner in which this company is running its business.

This is the nature of this game down under (in the land of Oz, as it is commonly called here), or anywhere else, for that matter--like it or not. Apparently you do not. But this is your problem, not mine. Perhaps you should brush up on your cryptography :-)

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

audacity isn't a competing product.

but it does do something which wavepad doesn't do i.e. ampilfiy left and right channels individually.

it may also do similar things to wavepad,but then again you could say windows media player competes with wavepad as it can play audio files.

regards

but it does do something which wavepad doesn't do i.e. ampilfiy left and right channels individually.

it may also do similar things to wavepad,but then again you could say windows media player competes with wavepad as it can play audio files.

regards

=======================================================

So a sound editor does not compete with the sound editor WavePad if it possesses some particular feature that WavePad does not possess?

This is sure an interesting definition of "competing."

Sort of like "it depends upon what is meant by 'is'"!!

You sound like one WJC :-)

Musikone

So a sound editor does not compete with the sound editor WavePad if it possesses some particular feature that WavePad does not possess?

firstly, it is free whereas wavepad you pay for.

secondly,although it does do some things which wavepad doesn't,audacity isn't as good at the things they both do the same.

if you really think it's is a competing product,what on earth made you buy something you could get for free?

go figure.

regards.

firstly, it is free whereas wavepad you pay for.

secondly,although it does do some things which wavepad doesn't,audacity isn't as good at the things they both do the same.

if you really think it's is a competing product,what on earth made you buy something you could get for free?

go figure.

regards.

===========================================

What is there to figure?

It is clear that you do not understand the definition of a "competing" product. So listen up while I explain it to you. Two pieces of software are competing when the perform the same basic function, such as (in the case at hand) digital sound editing. Whether or not they have identical "features" which defines the manner in which they perform this function (i.e., how well and how suitable it is performed, to meet the needs of a particular user), as well as whether or not they have the same price, has nothing at all to do with whether they are competitive. Just because it is free, while WavePad is not, does _not_ (repeat: _not_) mean that Audacity is not a competitive product. It certainly is. Period. Although, in my opinion, it comes up short, for reasons which I do not intend to discuss here.

Furthermore, if I compare the relative merits of the two competitive products, WavePad and Audacity, and determine that, for _my_ particular purposes, WavePad wins this competition, then it would not make sense to _me_ to download Audacity for free, instead of purchasing the competitive WavePad (never mind that NCH advertises that "WavePad is free"; it is only free for two weeks). I do not know where you get your silly idea about what constitutes competition. So it seems to me that _you_ should go figure what is wrong with your particular brand of logic!

In closing, this is the last word that I intend to say on this particular subject; I see no point in trying to reason with one who lacks the capacity for logical thought. And finally, let me repeat. In my opinion, since this forum is being maintained by NCH, the discussion should be limited to the capabilities or deficiencies of NCH software (and to associated topics such as licensing, downloading, etc., etc.). Any discussion involving the capabilities of specifically named competitive software should be restricted to private correspondence. And let the chips fall where they may.

Not only do I understand electronic engineering design and theory very well, computer operation, and musical theory and practice extremely well, I also understand the mechanics of adding two and two, without using a calculator! In accordance with your request, I have gone and figured, and have arrived at the conclusion--just for you. FORE!!

Musikone

[Al is in Wonderland!]

not on Earth, but out of this World

• 4 weeks later...

Tks

-Ray

I'm wondering, having never tried it myself

if one could simply CUT the channel you don't want affected

process [ amplify ] the channel you do

then paste in the channel you cut!?!?!?! [ wave pad is all about TMP files ]

bloody hell !!!! that might work!!!!! :)

I'm wondering, having never tried it myself

if one could simply CUT the channel you don't want affected

process [ amplify ] the channel you do

then paste in the channel you cut!?!?!?! [ wave pad is all about TMP files ]

bloody hell !!!! that might work!!!!! :)

============================================

:P:P:P

Musikone