Anybody Cares?

valdez

Just looking at the first screenful of topics, some 15 threads, I see three or four replies in all by 'nch..' guys. Except one, they took ten days to a full month to appear, and they are meager nevertheless.

Anybody really caring for the problems users have with this software?

Guest nchaj

At the head of every thread is a description of what the Forum is, We have explained this to others in the forum and users have also explained to other users. Its a community forum, for NCH Software users to help each other. NCH support look in the forum if time permits between their principle responsibility of supporting customers who have purchase a support plan, and even those who have not but have come through the correct channels of the technical support link on the website.

http://www.nch.com.au/support/software.html

The fastest reply on the entire forum! :)

At the head of every thread is a description of what the Forum is

... and it contains 'Our technical support team will, on a best efforts basis, review posts and answer questions.'

Everybody is aware that you've got other things to do than loaf about in the forum. But you should be able to check, say, once a day or every two, three days (no big deal with that few posts), to try and help at least the people with zero answers to their topic. This is customer service, as there sure is a great percentage of people trying the free software before deciding to buy. Check out how it is done on other forums.

Half of the first 20 topics in this section, some having been posted last year, have zero answers. Does that prove my point?

• 2 months later...
The fastest reply on the entire forum! :)

... and it contains 'Our technical support team will, on a best efforts basis, review posts and answer questions.'

Everybody is aware that you've got other things to do than loaf about in the forum. But you should be able to check, say, once a day or every two, three days (no big deal with that few posts), to try and help at least the people with zero answers to their topic. This is customer service, as there sure is a great percentage of people trying the free software before deciding to buy. Check out how it is done on other forums.

Half of the first 20 topics in this section, some having been posted last year, have zero answers. Does that prove my point?

I've just tried to help a guy filing to itunes. 922 people have read his post without a single reply, OK so technically it's not a sound tap issue, more basic computing issue but isn't that what these forums are for..help.. we all start out with zero knowledge

V- Obviously we can't reply to every post in a timely manner... That would take up an entire day. Checking in just 10 minutes a day on the forums is good for show but would just frustrate a lot of people if they see us here all the time but don't give correct answers... That brings up the other issue; we are not just going to answer if we don't have a ready answer.

A lot of the forum users also post and go through the correct channels on the NCH website. Oddly enough, they don't keep posting on the forum with the same issue. That's where we need to boost our efforts to at least post the solution... but again, this forum is for users to help other users so it's our hope that when answers are received by forum users direct from NCH that they come and give a hand to others.

Also, NCH has staff that come and go... Some of us don't get hired and automatically know the answers... Some of us are learning just like everyone else.

I'm not here to debate but hopefully that clarifies what may seem like a lack of participation on our part.

If you have an issue, let me know and when time permits I can look into things.