Songs Has Protection

Hi there,

I am trying to convert mwa music files to mp3 files. Some files are unable to convert as the message reads - File is protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management).

Is there any way I can override this with Switch Plus ?

Thanks.

Martin - UK.

• 2 months later...
Hi there,

I am trying to convert mwa music files to mp3 files. Some files are unable to convert as the message reads - File is protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management).

Thanks.

Martin - UK.

Don't think there is. The only way around this - as far as I know - is to burn the songs to a DVD, and then copy them back to the PC. Then the DRM is gone, and you can convert it to MP3.

Any other solutions are more than welcome as I have the same problem! :angry:

Hi there,

Thanks.

Martin - UK.

=========================================

Did you buy these files?

If so, who got your money?

If not, who didn't get your money?

Just wondering......

Musikone

When you legally download music from services such as iTunes and Musicmatch Jukebox, the files are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). This prevents you from playing the music on unsupported players. I use MelodyCan software (http://www.melodycan.com) to remove protection. But remember distributing these files is illegal. ;)

==================================================

I understand this extremely well, although I strongly disagree with the concept of "unsupported players." This concept of unsupported players is not supported by the copyright law, which does not prohibit a user to move his copy from one player to another, for his own personal use. Hence I have no objection to removing this blight from legally (i.e., not violating the copyright law) purchased music.

However, my question was addressed to a poster who did not state whether the file that is "protected" by DRM was obtained in conformance with the copyright law. Your "answer" to my question posed to someone else does not, of course, serve the purpose which I wanted served. The failure of this poster to answer my question suggests that he/she obtained the file in a manner which violates the copyright law. Had the file been obtained without violation of the copyright law, my question could have been answered in a straightforward manner long ago.

This is indeed the problem which pervades these forums. People cannot seem to follow-up on things that they start, without understanding the consequences of what they are starting. This happens over and over and over and....... And I am sick and tired of it.

Musikone

• 4 months later...
Guest MichaelJee

I'm aware that searching the WWW will bring up just a few ways to strip and circumnavigate DRM protection.

Note: Attempting to enforce a law, or even a social taboo on a forum like this with a long diatribe, is bound to net a zero effect.