Has Anyone tried IVM with a MagicJack?

Wendy Merritt

Has anyone tried using the www.MagicJack.com with their IVM? I bought it to make outbound long distance calls. I tried Vonage and it was terrible. It slowed down our internet connection horribly and the interference was terrible. You spent half your time asking for the person on the other end to repeat themselves. I saw the IVM had an autodialer and figured it would be a great pair. Has anyone tried this?

blessings,

Wendy Merritt :P

www.startgettingresults.com

Yes, in fact using VoIP services (such as MagicJack) with IVM and it's autodialer feature is common. Usually however the VoIP service uses an open protocol (e.g. SIP) which allows IVM to communicate with it directly, elminating the need for a voice modem connected to the magicjack which is then connected back to the computer (unnessecary redundancy anyone?)

Granted, most VoIP services aren't completely 'free' like MagicJack but there are many who charge very little for calls (e.g. unlimited north america for $20/mo, or 1c/min to certain destinations).

Without proper configuration, most VoIP services will provide a similar quality to what you described for Vonage. This is not unique to Vonage, and if you configure your network devices properly and tweak Vonage's settings you should have no problems with audio quality, nor bandwidth issues (slow downs).

For future reference, these are a few tips for improving audio quality:

- Configure your internet router to forward ports used by the VoIP device

- Enable and configure the 'Quality of Service' feature on your router (if available)

- Go into the Vonage online control panel, and change the bandwidth settings to use low bandwidth

- If you are on a low-end high-speed connection, consider upgrading to a 'faster'/greater bandwidth plan

Has anyone tried using the www.MagicJack.com with their IVM? I bought it to make outbound long distance calls. I tried Vonage and it was terrible. It slowed down our internet connection horribly and the interference was terrible. You spent half your time asking for the person on the other end to repeat themselves. I saw the IVM had an autodialer and figured it would be a great pair. Has anyone tried this?

blessings,

Wendy Merritt :P

www.startgettingresults.com

:blink:

Anyone im using ivm with call centric for outgoing call but when load let say 50 numbers it only dial 10 and stop

i need help lol

Which version of IVM are you using? I believe the older versions of IVM had a limitation, but the most recent 2 or so versions shouldn't have the problem. Also I don't believe the limit was ever that low though, so it could be another issue.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

im just begining here i am wanting to do a full phone system using the majic jacks and nch but first i need to figure out all the lingo and stuff how do i use the express talk and dialer with the majic jack i am not the most computer savy person but dont know where to start.. i got the majic jack and the programs down loaded but from there im lost mseibel777@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a MagicJack after reading here that you can use it with IVM Answering Attendant to make outbound calls. I also read somewhere that you can use Answering Attendant with MagicJack and no modem by somehow getting the SIP info. If this is true, can somebody please explain how this can be done step by step?

I got MagicJack Util Suite but I can't get it to return the sip data.

I don't mind buying a voice modem (found this one: JATON MD INTERNAL 56K V92 FAX DATA VOICE) to run IVM, but on top of having to wait a week for the modem to arrive, I would also have to get a computer with XP to plug the modem into (I'm running vista... don't ask. I know.).

I'm new to all this.

Thanks for your help in advance!