Transfer to External No.

den1s

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I purchased IVM Call Attendant and also downloaded Axon basic. I have registered with VoIPtalk which is one of the service providers NCH recommended. I have installed all software and am now trying to configure it to transfer to an external land line.

I can receive calls and the menu driven options work fine. In my case user presses No.1 for Sales. When this is pressed, the line gives out a dead tone.

The text in the axon monitor windows shows the following;

14:19:09 Unable to auto-detect public IP. Using private IP

14:19:09 LPBXSipLine::Reinvite uInviteResponse: 200

14:19:09 Error returned: 404 Not Found

14:19:09 Call sip:901881490188@319.12.112.135 -> 198 disconnected

14:22:46 Unable to auto-detect public IP. Using private IP

Can anyone please offer a few ideas to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Denis

The first problem you have is that Axon is having trouble auto-detecting the Public IP. This could be due to ports being blocked on your broadband router (or firewall). Please ensure that you forward the port(s) used by Axon (see your router manual for more information on how to forward ports). Although not always required, port forwarding can improve performance significantly and can solve many problems, especially those related to Audio transmission.

Ok, the next issue is the "404 Not Found" error. This error occurs when the number you are dialling does not exist, or more likely, if the number was dialled incorrectly (e.g. missing country code, area code, or outbound dialling code). Please make sure your outbound routes are set-up correctly to dial on the VoIPtalk, and also ensure that you are dialling the number as per the instructions from VoIPtalk. Lastly (probably obvious), check your account balance to make sure you can complete the call (although you'd probably get another error if this was the problem).