Want Axon to route 1 number through system

Jodie

I am having trouble figuring out how to configure Axon to do what I need it to. I have VOIP phone service with 2 phone numbers sharing the same phone line. I want Axon to grab call coming in from one of those number and route it through the Axon system while ignoring calls from the other line. I am trying to do with using the free version of Axon on a WinXP laptop.

Thanks!

Is there any way you can have the two phone numbers put on separate SIP accounts with your VoIP provider? As it stands now, Axon won't be able to tell what number the caller phoned in on, and thus won't be able to decide whether to route the call or ignore it.

It is very dependent on your VoIP provider, but most of the providers I have used allow you to set-up multiple SIP accounts under the same general 'account' on their system. Then each phone number can be linked to an individual SIP account, and Axon can deal with each phone number separately.

An SIP account is used to connect a client's VoIP phone (or software like Axon) to a VoIP service.

SIP itself is a protocol or set of rules used to communicate between voip devices. The account is just a series of login credentials (e.g. username/password) to authorize that communication.

SIP accounts are configured with Axon as 'External Lines' and can be set to ring to a particular extension or group of extensions on incoming calls.

Axon can also be set to use an SIP account / External line to make outbound calls.

In most cases an SIP account is linked to a single phone number.

By having 1 SIP account for each phone number, Axon can be set to handle and route the calls differently for each line.

• 1 month later...
Is there any way you can have the two phone numbers put on separate SIP accounts with your VoIP provider? As it stands now, Axon won't be able to tell what number the caller phoned in on, and thus won't be able to decide whether to route the call or ignore it.

It is very dependent on your VoIP provider, but most of the providers I have used allow you to set-up multiple SIP accounts under the same general 'account' on their system. Then each phone number can be linked to an individual SIP account, and Axon can deal with each phone number separately.

I am currently searching for a provider that allows this.

I am having trouble figuring out how to configure Axon to do what I need it to. I have VOIP phone service with 2 phone numbers sharing the same phone line. I want Axon to grab call coming in from one of those number and route it through the Axon system while ignoring calls from the other line. I am trying to do with using the free version of Axon on a WinXP laptop.

Thanks!

Axon does not support sip-based call routing, or according to the answer my service provider gave to me when I asked this. Basically, you would need a seperate account for each DID (direct inward dial), number.