Crashes

pdeg

Sorry guys ...

Installs and runs ,and then crashes with an abnormal exception.

It lets me add a camera (logitec Sphere AF) and it seems to work for about 10 seconds and

then crashes ...

Any ideas ?

TIA

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had the same problem for a while now. I'm using 'virtual webcams' (i.e. those virtual webcam drivers that are installed with webcam effects programs). Eyeline continues to crash unexpectedly with abnormal exceptions, and in that sense it seems a bit unreliable. The crashes appear to be random, and I can't find much of a pattern to them, but they happen often enough I can't just leave it running without expecting to come back to it crashed.

• 4 months later...
I've had the same problem for a while now. I'm using 'virtual webcams' (i.e. those virtual webcam drivers that are installed with webcam effects programs). Eyeline continues to crash unexpectedly with abnormal exceptions, and in that sense it seems a bit unreliable. The crashes appear to be random, and I can't find much of a pattern to them, but they happen often enough I can't just leave it running without expecting to come back to it crashed.

I have the exact same problem...I fire up Eyeline, select my Logitech Quickcam Fusion, everything is good for about 10 seconds, then Eyeline itself crashes with "Eyeline has crashed because of an abnormal exception", with the choice to fill out NCH's bug report, which I did do one.

This happens on two laptops...One Lenovo T60p, and also on my Lenovo T61p.

No Event Log was created one either computer.

Hope this helps.

I have the exact same problem...I fire up Eyeline, select my Logitech Quickcam Fusion, everything is good for about 10 seconds, then Eyeline itself crashes with "Eyeline has crashed because of an abnormal exception", with the choice to fill out NCH's bug report, which I did do one.

This happens on two laptops...One Lenovo T60p, and also on my Lenovo T61p.

No Event Log was created one either computer.

Hope this helps.

Same here guys.

I found your company in the October issue of Laptop Magazine (p96 tip #32). You recieved very good publicity there. Apparently you've not fixed this problem of crashing since the first post in April. Any idea when it will work correctly?

Hey all,

I'll send the developer an email to see if he has any insights on this. If you want to send me any details that may carry some importance to this matter please do. I know that would be hard considering that the crashes appear to be random but anything may help in narrowing this down.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Just downloaded the .exe file for Eyeline. Installed without problem. However, with only one webcam, Eyeline crashes after just a few seconds, giving the same error note everyone else is getting. I am using a Vista 32 system with plenty of resources. Have there been any solutions, patches posted anywhere?

Another crasher here. I am using a Gigabyte 64 bit MB with Vista Ult X64 and does the same here, crashes, also the "movement" email advice does not work either, in fact not a lot seems to work. But guess because its a freeby one cannot complain, there's no such thing as a free lunch. I have filled in the feedback form, but seeing this is an ongoing prob I am not holding my breath.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the same exception error occasionally.. more annoying though is when the program is running just fine and my cameras disappear in a seemingly random pattern. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software and camera drivers. I use a variety of different cameras and they all work fine with other software. Unfortunately this other software doesn't have the functionality I need. I also tried this software on a clean install of Windows XP on a separate partition and get the same results. The error is logged in the message box at the bottom of the Eyeline window: x Device unplugged: <name of camera>

I suppose I should also mention I have tried different USB cables, all 8 of my USB ports, and different combinations of cameras. I get the same result (eventually) whether I am using any one of the cameras singly in any of the ports or stack all 8 on at once.. they all disappear given enough time (anywhere from 30 seconds to 8 hours).

Oh, and when I use the display output (options->displays) the image is shown with a 180 degree rotation.. I could put the TV upside down but.. =)

Any help would be appreciated. I love the functionality the software provides, just wish it would work reliably.

-B