how to transfer

kraken972

hello all,

i have 2 fxo connected to axxon and 2 FXS too. have 2 phones (simple phone) connected on FXS port. I want to know how to transfert call with axxon with thes phone...

cannot do it at this time, so i wonder what is the charater to initiate transfert ? * and # don't working...

I tried with the grandstream ATA 488, but it don't work too...

Second thing is that i don't have caller id when incoming call come into FXO (pstn line) to axxon extension. how to resolve that issue ?

thanks a lot

Copied Directly from the manual of the Grandstream ATA

ALL TRANSFER

C

Blind Transfer

Assume that call party A and B are in

This function is applicable on FXS port for VoIP calls only.

conversation. A wants to Blind Transfer B to C:

1. A press FLASH on the analog phone to hear the dial tone.

2. Then A dials *87 then dials C’s number, and then #

3. A can hang up.

NOTE: “Enable Call Feature” has to be set to “Yes” in web configuration page.

Three situations can follow the transfer:

1. A quick confirmation tone (temporarily using the call waiting indication tone) followed by a

dial tone. This indicates the transfer is successful (transferee has received a 200 OK from

transfer target). At this point, A can either hang up or make another call.

2. A quick busy tone followed by a restored call (on supported platforms only). This means the

transferee has received a 4xx response for the INVITE and we will try to recover the call. The

busy tone is just to indicate to the transferor that the transfer has failed.

3. Busy tone keeps playing. This means we have failed to receive the second NOTIFY from the

transferee and decided to time out. Note: this does not indicate the transfer has been

successful, nor does it indicate the transfer has failed. When transferee is a client that does not

support the second NOTIFY (such as our own earlier firmware), this will be the case. In bad

network scenarios, this could also happen, although the transfer may have been completed

successfully.

Attended Transfer

Assume that call party A and B are in

This function is applicable on FXS port for VoIP calls only.

conversation. A wants to Attend Transfer B to C:

1. A presses FLASH on the analog phone to get a dial tone

2. A then dial C’s number followed by #.

3. If C answers the call, A and C are in conversation. Then A can hang up to complete transfer.

4. If C does not answer the call, A can press “flash” back to talk to B.

Grandstream Networks, Inc. HT488 User Manual Page 11 of 31

Firmware 1.0.3.86 Last Updated: 7/2007

NOTE: When Attended Transfer fails and A hangs up, the HT503 will ring user A back again to remind

A that party B is still on the call. Party A can pick up the phone to resume a conversation with party B.

For future reference, the method of transferring the call is usually dependent on the phone hardware you are using with Axon. The manufacturer will decide on a method for transferring calls (possibly unique to their system) and will then send on the transfer request to Axon using a standard protocol.

Thanks a lot guru, one more time you are the onlyone that considering my post. thanks.

but i'have tried that first and it don't working that's why i tried to find help from axon, because axon is listenning dtmf tone, isn't it ?

And for my caller id problem, do you have an idea ?

another thing is that i have a nice project with NCH product, but i will post it on IVM forum, see it.

I'm not sure about your caller-id problem. I've had a similar problem using another FXO adapter (the Sipura 3000 adaptor). I was never able to get the Caller-ID passed on to Axon. I don't know if this is a limitation of using FXO devices in general, or if it is some sort of incompatibility between the FXO adaptors and the Axon virtual PBX.

As for the transfer problem, if you've tried both a confirmed and blind transfer using the method specified in the manual and neither worked... then the last thing I can suggest is to try and initiate a transfer directly to Axon by doing a flash hook followed by a second of silence, followed by the number you want to dial. Then try hanging up once the other party answers. I have no idea if this will work, but in IVM the default transfer dial string is !, (meaning flash-hook, followed by a pause, followed by the number to dial) so it may work with a phone connected to Axon as well.

One last thing to note: Not all VoIP providers will allow call transfers. If there is only one communication channel permitted, call transfers will fail. In addition to this, some VoIP services do not allow or are not compatible with Axon transfer requests regardless of the number of channels available.