Axon PBX Plus

bellalamb

We'll have to wait and see, as far as I can tell this "Axon Plus" version is brand new (as in today), and if anything it could be an April Fools joke.

The download doesn't seem to work, and the purchase page doesn't allow you to buy/select a quantity for Axon Plus licenses.

Anyway, I hope it is a joke because one of the best reasons to use Axon is the fact that it has always been a free product. I also think a big chunk of the revenue from Telephony products comes from users who download Axon, think it's cool and decide to purchase the add-on software packages like IVM, VRS, IMS and Quorum. By making Axon a paid product, I think it will discourage users from using it (instead of free alternatives like Asterisk), and NCH will probably lose out on potential sales that would have come from free Axon users.

We'll have to wait and see, as far as I can tell this "Axon Plus" version is brand new (as in today), and if anything it could be an April Fools joke.

The download doesn't seem to work, and according to the purchase page it costs $0

Anyway, I hope it is a joke because one of the best reasons to use Axon is the fact that it has always been a free product. If it's no longer free, it's going to have an even harder time competing with other Virtual PBX systems like Asterisk (free), and will probably lose out on customers. Even though this doesn't seem like it would matter much since they haven't been making of Axon downloads anyway, it does affect them very negatively.

Most of the people who use Axon will probably at some point purchase one of the add on software packages like IVM, VRS, IMS, Quorum, etc. this is where they make their money.. if they chase away customers from Axon, they're going to lose out tons of potential customers for their other products (in my opinion).

It seems like the standard version only allows up to 10 extension - and you have to pay for the Plus version if you want to use more - round about $100US

not sure of any other features - I have have it downloaded - (you have to remove the https from the download link and use http instead)

If I find any new features will let you know

Well I guess it's for real then. I'm a bit disappointed, but oh well. I kind of expected it anyway... it's not the first time NCH has released a product for free and then start charging for it. I can't blame them though, the software is still good quality and no one can argue with the price (it used to be).. but I think it's ridiculous to suddenly bump up the price of a free product to $100 in one day with no real difference in the software.