Recording but no sound

ellenann9424

Just downloaded RecordPad. Got my microphone connected through iMic, click on record; it shows that it is recording. But when I get the playlist and highlight the file and click "Play," Nothing happens. I've checked that my input device is shown as the iMic in System Preferences (I'm using a Mac OS 10.4) Thanks for any help.

Ellen

• 10 months later...
Just downloaded RecordPad. Got my microphone connected through iMic, click on record; it shows that it is recording. But when I get the playlist and highlight the file and click "Play," Nothing happens. I've checked that my input device is shown as the iMic in System Preferences (I'm using a Mac OS 10.4) Thanks for any help.

Ellen

Hello, :huh:

I have the same problem while recording from the "lineIn" channel of my sound card. Everuthing seem to be correct while recording, with the same parameters than with VRS Recording system (demo version), BUT at the end, no sound is played while reading the file with any player (Microsoft, RealPlayer.. etc). If I analyse the content, it looks very strange : filled by the same sequence of NULL and SOH characters with and EOT in the 4th position...

I get the same problem with mp3 and wav output formats... I am very hungry because I regitrered and payed for that ... :angry:

So if you get the solution, it 'll be very kind of you to send it to me

Regards :rolleyes:

Escarlate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I first tried the program, I was not recording although the program looked like it was. I found I had to go back into the settings and try a few different choices. Ultimately, I just clicked on Mic and the Logitech headset worked both in record and playback. So it may just be in the record settings. Try a few different choices other than what you think the right one is. You may solve the problem.

• 6 months later...

Hello, :huh:

I have the same problem while recording from the "lineIn" channel of my sound card. Everuthing seem to be correct while recording, with the same parameters than with VRS Recording system (demo version), BUT at the end, no sound is played while reading the file with any player (Microsoft, RealPlayer.. etc). If I analyse the content, it looks very strange : filled by the same sequence of NULL and SOH characters with and EOT in the 4th position...

I get the same problem with mp3 and wav output formats... I am very hungry because I regitrered and payed for that ... :angry:

So if you get the solution, it 'll be very kind of you to send it to me

Regards :rolleyes:

Escarlate.

Just purchased Recordpad in a bundle. Unfortunately, can't use it for the same problem.

Is NCH technical able to provide any advice? Haven't seen any response to the same isues raised by our two previous queries.

Would appreciate some response very much from NCH. Don't want to give up the whole bundle for loss just yet. At least, I'll try it here once.