Extension within Phone Number

dardar

I have provided USA number to my employees as extensions to receive call from outside (for ex.1-631 675 4089), but internally I want them to use only the last 4 digits of the (4089 in this case) phone number to talk.

How to fix that, is that I have to config the dial plan?

Well I'm assuming you have set-up the extensions to be only 4 digits long? You shouldn't put the whole phone number in the extension name otherwise internal extension dialling will require entering the whole number, and also because doing so serves no purpose. The external line is set-up to route calls to the appropriate extension of your choice, thus the extension name need not contain the full phone number.

In the dialling plan, you can make a rule that says something like:

If number starts with 9, remove 1 digit and prepend nothing, and then dial on one of the external lines.

Then you can set the default line as [EXTENSION] so that all calls are assumed internal unless the employee dials nine (to access an outside line)

Well I'm assuming you have set-up the extensions to be only 4 digits long? You shouldn't put the whole phone number in the extension name otherwise internal extension dialling will require entering the whole number, and also because doing so serves no purpose. The external line is set-up to route calls to the appropriate extension of your choice, thus the extension name need not contain the full phone number.

In the dialling plan, you can make a rule that says something like:

If number starts with 9, remove 1 digit and prepend nothing, and then dial on one of the external lines.

Then you can set the default line as [EXTENSION] so that all calls are assumed internal unless the employee dials nine (to access an outside line)

Pretty basic right..... Sorry I lost touch with Axon for quite some time now......

Thank you very much

• 10 months later...