Broadwave

Aitch

I've downloaded Broadwave, after a bit of tinkering with my router (Netgear DG834GT) I've managed to get things set up to the point where I can activate a link on my webpage which will activate a test recording when clicked, but this only works from my computer as I've asked a few friends to try activating it form their computers but they get a message saying page not available.

I'm figuring this problem is something to do with either a port forwarding or a server issue (maybe both).

Ideally i want to be able to run a live show at a set time each week then make the recording of that show available for listening later on.

At the moment I'm attemping to run this system from a personal home computer, so if any one can advise me how i can make my 'station' accessible to the general public (or if this is possible) I'd be very grateful

Many Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I understand your pain - i've made Broadwave work for Windows, but am now trying (unsuccessfully) to get it working in Linux.

Assuming that you are running Windows and have got it working OK locally, I would suggest the following...

1) You need to set up port forwarding on your router for BW to be accessible from the 'net. Hopefully you have a fixed IP address on your 'net connection, otherwise you're going to be scratching your head for hours at a time on occasions.

2) Ensure that your firewall allows the traffic through.

3) Ensure that any antivirus progs allow the traffic through.

If you've got another PC in your house, try connecting from that. If you can get to the PC running BW from your other PC, then it's probably the port forwarding thing. On my setup, I set BW to use the standard port 88, then in the router, I set it to appear on a much higher port (non-iana - between 49152 and 65535). You then tell the router which IP address to send the data on port xxxxx to and bob's your uncle.

So, assuming you're using port 55555, when you want your friends to connect, you get them to browse http://x.x.x.x:55555/broadwave....etc.

Hope this helps. If you need any more info, get in touch.

Regards,

Dave.

I've downloaded Broadwave, after a bit of tinkering with my router (Netgear DG834GT) I've managed to get things set up to the point where I can activate a link on my webpage which will activate a test recording when clicked, but this only works from my computer as I've asked a few friends to try activating it form their computers but they get a message saying page not available.

I'm figuring this problem is something to do with either a port forwarding or a server issue (maybe both).

Ideally i want to be able to run a live show at a set time each week then make the recording of that show available for listening later on.

At the moment I'm attemping to run this system from a personal home computer, so if any one can advise me how i can make my 'station' accessible to the general public (or if this is possible) I'd be very grateful

Many Thanks