IVM not answering VOIP calls - Platinum support request

chinoy

I have an IVM system with a 4-port dialogic card that works great, as long as I connect an analog line to it. (I have to use Dialogic, as I have several of them purchased several years ago) Everything works well.

I want to start using an IP based PBX with IVM. I have set up the pbx system with several IP phones including 2 Express Tal stations. Everything seems to be configured ok. All the phones can talk to each other. ExpressTalk can talk to other Express Talk systems as well as other IP phones and vice versa.

However, when the IVM machine is called, it does not work. On the IVM system I can see an incoming call, and then it hangs up.

I have correctly set up the SIP info in IVM, and it registers itself with the PBX.

I've tried this with Axon PBX as well.

The IVM machine servers as an IVR and connects to a database server to retrieve info.

I also need to be able to transfer a call back to any extension after the caller is done with his request.

I'm attaching a diagram of both systems... the analog that works and the IP that does not.

What am I missing?

Here is the image.

ivm_issue.jpg

I have paid for the platinum support, so I'm hoping the IVM support folks will jump in.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ray

Link to Image:

Link for large image

I'm posting a log so you can see the call is being detected, but no OGM plays

22:34:38 SIP Private IP is: 192.168.1.214:5070
22:34:38 SIP Public IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070
22:34:38 SIP Number: 101@96.228.172.139:5070
22:35:04 SIP Private IP is: 192.168.1.214:5070
22:35:04 SIP Public IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070
22:35:07 Attempting to register sip:101@3t-ivr80
22:35:07 Registered as: sip:101@3t-ivr80
22:35:07 Incoming SIP call
22:35:09 Ringing on Line 101 detected. Waiting until ring number 2.
22:35:09 testivr 106 [Answered]
22:35:09 Answering call...
22:35:18 Call has disconnected
22:35:18 Call disconnected

As you can see the call is detected... the system announces the caller id, then it answered, but hangs up after about 10 seconds... no OGM gets played.

If I call on the analog line, the system works fine.

Any takers?

It is very possible that the issue may be with network issues. Here are some more details:

AXON SERVER:

Local Sip Port to listen on: 5060

Local RTP ports to listen on starting from: 8000

IVM SERVER:

Local Sip Port to listen on: 5070

Local RTP ports to listen on starting from: 8000 (I've also tried 9000)

ROUTER SETTINGS:

Port # 5060 is forwarded to the AXON server

Port # 5070 is forwarded to the IVM server.

Is this setup correct?

For some reason I am now encountering the exact same problem as you (and never had a problem before). Still working on a solution.. When I call in with Express Talk, it rings 2x then goes to busy signal, and the status window says "Other side said: Service Unavailable" (in other words error 503). I tried both calling in from an external voip line, and also from Express Talk (on the same computer) directly to IVM (e.g. 198@127.0.0.1). No dice either way.

Very strange....Service unavailable sounds like something is not registered....

When I call the IVM, it announces the caller (caller-id announce feature) before answering the call... however, I'm unable to hear the announcement via Express Talk... I can hear it through the external speakers on the IVM machine.

In the Audio tab of the IVM settings, my Play Device and Volume & Call Announce abd Call Screen Device Volume both say "Default Sound Out" The other options that are available are ( a ) my actual sound card ( b ) my 4 dialogic analog lines.

This is getting really frustrating as I have to hook this to a VOIP system in 2 weeks! NCH support has not been any help even though I have paid for it....

Very strange....Service unavailable sounds like something is not registered....

When I call the IVM, it announces the caller (caller-id announce feature) before answering the call... however, I'm unable to hear the announcement via Express Talk... I can hear it through the external speakers on the IVM machine.

In the Audio tab of the IVM settings, my Play Device and Volume & Call Announce abd Call Screen Device Volume both say "Default Sound Out" The other options that are available are ( a ) my actual sound card ( b ) my 4 dialogic analog lines.

This is getting really frustrating as I have to hook this to a VOIP system in 2 weeks! NCH support has not been any help even though I have paid for it....

If you are waiting for NCH support to 'junp in' I doubt they will. This is a user forum. If you have paid for support, leave them a message on the support page at their web site. They do not provide support in the forum.

Don

I thought I'd let you know that I found the problem. For some reason the "Local RTP Port to Start Listening On" was set to 2. I changed it to 16000 and everything is working fine now.