Change Default Dication Location

royalcrown

I have upgraded to the newest version, and it will not allow me to change the default location of dictations.

This pretty much makes this software useless.

I've checked the registry and it is changing the location there, but when you start up the software, it writes over those changes.

What is the fix?

Rich Hall

I have upgraded to the newest version, and it will not allow me to change the default location of dictations.

This pretty much makes this software useless.

I've checked the registry and it is changing the location there, but when you start up the software, it writes over those changes.

What is the fix?

Rich Hall

I have spoken with someone in support. They acted as if they were not aware of this problem. Being that this is such a fundemental feature, if that's true, that's not very good testing. The prior version did not have this issue.

That being said, I think I have determined what is causing this, but when I offered to assist their developer, my request was ignored.

I have spoken with someone in support. They acted as if they were not aware of this problem. Being that this is such a fundemental feature, if that's true, that's not very good testing. The prior version did not have this issue.

That being said, I think I have determined what is causing this, but when I offered to assist their developer, my request was ignored.

I have just done the same. My HTC phone had problems with an older version of Pocket Dictate where bits of dictations are missed. The new version doesn't have this problem but is no use unless I can change the default location to the SD card.

I'd be interested to know what you think is causing this, even if NCH aren't.

I have just done the same. My HTC phone had problems with an older version of Pocket Dictate where bits of dictations are missed. The new version doesn't have this problem but is no use unless I can change the default location to the SD card.

I'd be interested to know what you think is causing this, even if NCH aren't.

I made the registry entries that control the location of dications manually, and I have also checked the registry to see if the software is updating those entries.

It is changing the entries, but when the software is launched, it is overwriting those values.

I do not have the proper API's to examine the dll file that loads on launch, so I don't know exactly which value in that file is causing this, but what I think is causing the problem, the pdsetup.dll file.

Again, I'm not a software engineer, but I am a network engineer and an expert on troubleshooting software issues on device side. I've offered my assistance with no response.

I made the registry entries that control the location of dications manually, and I have also checked the registry to see if the software is updating those entries.

It is changing the entries, but when the software is launched, it is overwriting those values.

I do not have the proper API's to examine the dll file that loads on launch, so I don't know exactly which value in that file is causing this, but what I think is causing the problem, the pdsetup.dll file.

Again, I'm not a software engineer, but I am a network engineer and an expert on troubleshooting software issues on device side. I've offered my assistance with no response.

Thanks for that. I too am a systems engineer. I have feeling that no-one from NCH is reading this forum and we are, therefore, wasting our time on here. I have Emailed them and eagerly await their response. The Surveyor whose phone I have is losing business as we speak though.

Thanks for that. I too am a systems engineer. I have feeling that no-one from NCH is reading this forum and we are, therefore, wasting our time on here. I have Emailed them and eagerly await their response. The Surveyor whose phone I have is losing business as we speak though.

Unfortunately, I know of no other viable alternative. Opus has a decent product, but there is a flaw in its design. They have a proprietary compression system that is used, and you have to have another piece of software to decompress, which costs you $250.

• 2 weeks later...