encrypting IVR files?

chinoy

Is there a way to either encrypt the .ivr files or otherwise make it unreadable or unopenable to end-users?

I am working on developing a system for a customer, but don't want anyone stealing the content of my .ivr file, which I'm developing with a lot of hard work.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

ps. Using NT file security is not useful in this instant.

Ray

There is no way of doing this as far as I know. Any attempts to encrypt the file would prevent IVM from opening it. Perhaps you can submit it as a suggestion. I recommend (if this is a feasible option) to leave it the way it is and charge the client extra than the original quote due to the fact you'll be releasing the editable source to the client.

There is no way of doing this as far as I know. Any attempts to encrypt the file would prevent IVM from opening it. Perhaps you can submit it as a suggestion. I recommend (if this is a feasible option) to leave it the way it is and charge the client extra than the original quote due to the fact you'll be releasing the editable source to the client.

I'll submit this an as idea....I know many developers would feel they are in the same situation as myself. Charging them a bit more would not help me in this matter..... at least not for this customer...... they resell / give it to their customers.... and having a copy of the source could potentially deprive me of several other systems.... I have to figure out something.

Thanks.

You seem to have helped quite a few people in these forums.... do you have any comments on my other two questions:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8618

and

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8613

Thanks

Ray

Chinoy, please be assured I try to answer every question on the IVM, Express Talk and Axon forums that I can. If I do not answer the question it is because I have no solution or suggestion or experience with the topic OR I am still researching the topic and trying to come up with a plausible solution.

As for your MySQL plugin question, I've never used it and I don't have much MySQL experience so I'm not really able to help much there.

Your other question involves a problem I have yet to encounter, so I am unable to provide much expertise. From my experience with VoIP in general is that if one of the parties forces a codec that the other party's phone/softphone is not compatible with, as soon as the phone is picked up the call disconnects.. however in your case this does not make sense since IVM and Express Talk use the same codecs and are fully compatible. I thought it could be a port forwarding issue, but that usually just leads to a loss of sound, not an actual disconnection of the line as soon as the call is picked up.

Chinoy, please be assured I try to answer every question on the IVM, Express Talk and Axon forums that I can. If I do not answer the question it is because I have no solution or suggestion or experience with the topic OR I am still researching the topic and trying to come up with a plausible solution.

As for your MySQL plugin question, I've never used it and I don't have much MySQL experience so I'm not really able to help much there.

Your other question involves a problem I have yet to encounter, so I am unable to provide much expertise. From my experience with VoIP in general is that if one of the parties forces a codec that the other party's phone/softphone is not compatible with, as soon as the phone is picked up the call disconnects.. however in your case this does not make sense since IVM and Express Talk use the same codecs and are fully compatible. I thought it could be a port forwarding issue, but that usually just leads to a loss of sound, not an actual disconnection of the line as soon as the call is picked up.

Sorry if sounded like I was questioning your help.... actually, I was praising it!!! I see that you have replied to many posts, and I was expressing my appreciation !:-)

Thanks for your help.

Yeah I realize that and thank you. Sorry if I sounded like I was taking offense. I just wanted to make it clear that I try and help everyone on this forum and if I don't answer a topic in the IVM/Axon/Express Talk forums within a reasonable period of time, it usually means I can't think of a solution and I have nothing to contribute that would be of help.