Cannot access PBX via Domain Name

psykomotor

Hi,

Is it allowed to connect to your PBX via domain name ? (like a SIP Proxy... which is all I figured Axon fundamentally was ?) I can connect fine via IP Address but should I ever wish to move the PBX server it would be a big hassle to update all extension softphones to a new IP Address.

Current setup : Windows 2003 Dedicated Server running Axon + IVM AA. All other extensions (softphones) connected over internet, intended for use in a 'virtual office' setup. Single Network Interface Adapter is directly connected to internet backbone, and has 2 IP's.

DNS name has been in working service for 6 months and works fine for mail, ftp, pings correctly, etc, also checked with DNSStuff and has no errors.

Originally I was getting all sorts of problems regarding failing to register (between both Axon and the local IVM and a remote) due to having multiple IP addresses and Axon 'apparently' binding to the wrong one. These have seemingly stopped and IVM + Softphone now connect fine* to Axon, via both IP's

*bar one 'seemly minor' issue, we'll see when I test with more softphones. If I dial another extension, i.e IVM from the softphone, I get no audio, though the call does get answered and IVM is running the correct proceedures and can evidently hear the tones (dont know if they are DTMF or VoIP-INFO) from the softphone - effectively a one-way audio problem, though im sure I've set every part of the both firewalls correctly. (EDIT: I have a feeling actually that the firewall may well be wrong) Input on this would be great too.

Thanks in advance.