Converting .wav to .mp3

Paul Cook

A little more information wouldn't hurt... What kind of WAV file is it? Where did you get it? What encoding is it? You can right click on the file from within Windows to find some of this information. Can you please try converting the WAV file on an XP or older machine? There are some codecs that are no longer installed with Vista that may be causing you problems.

• 1 year later...

A little more information wouldn't hurt... What kind of WAV file is it? Where did you get it? What encoding is it? You can right click on the file from within Windows to find some of this information. Can you please try converting the WAV file on an XP or older machine? There are some codecs that are no longer installed with Vista that may be causing you problems.

Hello,

I have just downloaded the Switch Converter, for converting voice recorder files- wav to mp3. Once a source file is selected, a box opens to say that the file name is invalid. (example of file name is DP_1132-12-9-07-part1 ) I have converted similar files before with no problem. Why would a file name be invalid?? or what can I do to convert to mp3

Thank you mates!!

Hello,

I have just downloaded the Switch Converter, for converting voice recorder files- wav to mp3. Once a source file is selected, a box opens to say that the file name is invalid. (example of file name is DP_1132-12-9-07-part1 ) I have converted similar files before with no problem. Why would a file name be invalid?? or what can I do to convert to mp3

Thank you mates!!

I use XP, and windows player.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...