Using USB modem

sdonn

I am using the voice modem in another application and it answers ok, but in the IVM answering assistant, if I try to add another device it can not detect it. I am assuming that this is because of the fact that it is a USB modem, but does anyone know the conclusive answer? Can I add devices that it cant detect.

I repeat, the modem works in other software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Simon

IVM does work with USB modems as far as I know. However in order for the Voice Modem to be compatible with IVM.. it must be TAPI compliant. Please check the manufacturer's specs to see if it mentions TAPI (it's a standard method of communicating with modem devices from software, but not all modems support it, some choose to use proprietary methods which are not compatible).

Before you go back to the old software, check out this page which will help you identify for sure if your modem is compatible and help you troubleshoot it.

Alternatively, look at this page which has a list of recommended modems for IVM and other NCH software.

i have ordered a new speakerphone voice modem to plug into the serial port instead. Im hoping that the program will pick it up and that the new modem is TAPI compliant...who knows..they never say in the specification!