Not Answering Calls

howiehughes

Hi all, hoping you can help me here!

I did have this running a couple of years ago, but since I re-installed it, it has not worked. I even changed the modem! (and the last one, a netodragon, worked ok).

Windows xp, sp2 + updates.

Creative blaster modem PCI DI5792

The ivm software recognises the modem, I believe the settings are all ok, but it just refuses to answer the calls inbound!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please ? This is doubly frustratiing for me, as I have had it working in the past!!!

Thanking you all in adavnce......for any help!

Ok, let's start with basic trouble shooting.

1. Make sure that the big button left of the "Default Answer OGM" says "On", if it says "Off" simply click it.

2. In Settings -> Auto Hours, ensure Auto Hours is disabled or that the times are correct and that calls aren't mistakenly being ignored.

3. In Settings -> General, ensure that the number of rings is set to a reasonable value (2 for auto answer, 5-7 for regular voice mail)

If you still encounter a problem, please post what appears in the IVM status window / log so we can help identify the problem more quickly.

Hi, thanks for that, however, still no joy. The logs do not log any of the incoming calls (...and god only knows how many I have made from my mobile!), but it does log my pressing the on/off button!!

so, answering software - switched on

autohours - switched off

rings were 2, now 5

Rang in again with these settings, still no joy. Not even logging the call being made.

....does itmatter if I have any BT services on the line, i.e. their answering service (kicks in after about 8 rings)

Ok, let's start with basic trouble shooting.

1. Make sure that the big button left of the "Default Answer OGM" says "On", if it says "Off" simply click it.

2. In Settings -> Auto Hours, ensure Auto Hours is disabled or that the times are correct and that calls aren't mistakenly being ignored.

3. In Settings -> General, ensure that the number of rings is set to a reasonable value (2 for auto answer, 5-7 for regular voice mail)

If you still encounter a problem, please post what appears in the IVM status window / log so we can help identify the problem more quickly.

....so, still no joy. Does anyone else experience this problem ? The modem is a voice modem, everything looks to be in place, but still not answering. I could really do with some help on this subject please, I need to get thisup and running asap (my boss tells me about 2 weeks ago would have been nice.) :(

....no, slightly more frustrating than that. The software recognises the modem, even recognises it as voice modem (TAPI). Just does not p[ick up any calls!!!

maybe you are having a simllar problem to me, in that the software works but does not recognise the modem, in the "add devices" screen?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the latest drivers for the modem? Does it detect the line ringing? It may be that there is an incompatibility with the modem and what tones it is expecting to hear, and what is being provided by your telco.

• 2 months later...

I think nchgb is on to something. I believe you said "BT services on the line" which would indicate to me if I'm not mistaken you are in the UK. If the board is from a US manufacturer, or was purchased overseas, it is highly likely the voice card is having trouble detecting things like dialtone, ringing or Caller ID since these are very region specific and differ significantly in the UK. The best thing to do is to update the drivers as nchgb suggested and see if you can find any information on changing the regional settings for the board.

You can also download a TAPI diagnostics program (quite a few available, just use google) to determine whether it is the card that is unable to detect the ringing and so forth or if somehow the Card isn't communicating with IVM properly and relaying the information.