How to manage callsequenceno through OGM?

bearded

I am trying to make a televoting system. When a voter answers correct the system should only right the call sequence. I don't need the every call to be counted, need only successful calls. Please help me if there is any symple plugin or can I change the callsequenceno to my own through Successful OGM?

Guest Martijn

Hi,

I am trying IVM myself, and it's new too me.

Just figuring out about the use of variables, but here's what I would try:

You could add a line to a special log file every time a voter guessed correct and arrived at the OGM at the end of the correct path. Then count the number of lines in your text file.

Or you could write a number in the text file. The first success is number 1. When the next successful caller calls, you read the number from the textfile, add 1, and write the new number in the text file. I don't know how IVM handles multiple successful callers at the same time in case you have multiple lines, maybe you'll miss a count in this case (??).

For this to work you have to use the plugins Getdata and savedata. Or SQLLink (for use with a database).

Sorry, no exact answer, but I hope it helps.

If you happen to know if there is a built-in variable "call number" that counts the incoming calls, please let me know! :)

-Martijn

Hi,

I am trying IVM myself, and it's new too me.

Just figuring out about the use of variables, but here's what I would try:

You could add a line to a special log file every time a voter guessed correct and arrived at the OGM at the end of the correct path. Then count the number of lines in your text file.

Or you could write a number in the text file. The first success is number 1. When the next successful caller calls, you read the number from the textfile, add 1, and write the new number in the text file. I don't know how IVM handles multiple successful callers at the same time in case you have multiple lines, maybe you'll miss a count in this case (??).

For this to work you have to use the plugins Getdata and savedata. Or SQLLink (for use with a database).

Sorry, no exact answer, but I hope it helps.

If you happen to know if there is a built-in variable "call number" that counts the incoming calls, please let me know!  :)

-Martijn

Thanks Martijn, at least you have taken interest in my problem!

I thing the second solution (by you) is towards the answer, as I understand.

As per your advice these steps can be taken :

1. I should write a special logfile, starting with a no 1.

2. Will you please tell me how to increment, which plugin, the same data everytime, after only a successful call?

If this idea works, I get the solution. Can you append anything towards the solution? Expecting reply...

I am just doing something like this myself, so it's easy for me to try and help you out.

Download these plugins from the nch website:

getdata.exe

genfunc.exe

savedata.exe

Create a textfile with the following line in it:

count,0

Name it "countsuccess.csv"

In the OGM where the caller ends up when they pressed the correct numbers, go to the Advanced Tab. (if they didn't answer correctly, they end up in another OGM, right?)

Add those plugins with these arguments: (and in this order)

getdata.exe countsuccess.csv count
genfunc.exe ++ %data%
savedata.exe countsuccess.csv count %result%

Just make sure that you include the complete path to the csv file with the filename.

This works for me, as I have almost the same situation here.

Success!

Martijn