Axon trouble on WinXP SP2

Masterpiece

Using latest AXON PBX on WinXP SP2 + SJPhone and Linksys SPA2102.

1) Regularly I got message: axon background service crashed because of abnormal exception, it restartes and working fine again. But how to get debug? What is causing it?

2) During internal calls I sometimes got 404 error:

16:13:50 Call 102 -> sip:101@192.168.254.252

16:13:50 Error returned: 404 Not Found

16:13:55 Call 102 -> sip:101@192.168.254.252 answered

16:14:02 Call 102 -> sip:101@192.168.254.252 disconnected

Why? How to get rid of it?

1) The abnormal exception error is usually caused by a network failure (this is from my own experience/observation, not from any documented source). I find I get this error with all NCH's VoIP products shortly after my network cable is disconnected, my router is restarted or some other network/internet disturbance occurs.

2) The error indicates that either extension 101 doesn't exist, or you have not set-up a suitable dialplan to direct calls to the number 101 internally to Axon's extensions rather than to the external line.

2) The error indicates that either extension 101 doesn't exist, or you have not set-up a suitable dialplan to direct calls to the number 101 internally to Axon's extensions rather than to the external line.

It exists and as you can see on the log, it connects to it. Strange behaviour.

As I said, it is also possible the dial plan is not configured properly (the likely problem).

As it stands now, Axon is trying to call out to 101 on your VoIP line rather than internally (and is unable to because the VoIP provider tells axon 101 isn't a valid phone number). To correct this, you should modify your dialplan in such a way that Axon can distinguish between internal and external calls so it can route them accordingly.

For example, you can set-up your dialplan to send calls that begin with the number 9 to your outbound VoIP line and send all other (default) calls to the appropriate internal extension.