Vista and Wavepad

pepsi666

Is wave pad compatible with Vista ?

Cantt get it to record anything so far using Windows Vista, (got quite a few programs that dont work or arent compatible with Vista) <_<

Wavepad used to work with my Windows XP :lol:

Well, it DID work w/ my Vista when I started a few days ago. Now, I can't get it to record. I had recorded several files, and now I can't even get the timer to start!!!!

I was ready to join you in expressing my problems with Vista. My program worked well on XP, but nothing showed up when I loaded in Vista. No sound, no visual confirmation.

After I went to "Toos -> WavePad Options -> Audio Processing " and changed my "Audio Working Folder" to location I specified, everying worked!

The "Audio Working Folder" which Visita or the program had Defalted to did not exist.

Hope this helps.

Well at least I am not going nuts!

I downloaded WP and was so looking forward to it's awesome capabilities.

LOL...it goes through all the processes but I cannot hear a single thing.

Have changed AUDIO settings and tried everything.

Dangnabit!

No fix, huh?

Total bummer...

Surely NCH is working on this....

If there is a fix please let me know expedia-at-stargate.net....I'd love to have a resolve and use the utility!

Ciao!

I downloaded Wavepad a few days ago and it worked fine with Vista for me.... For awhile.... :lol: Now when I try to use it, it gives me this error that the song I'm trying to open is either corrupted or is not a true layer 3-MPG file! Garbage! A few days ago it opened the exact same song without any problem and let me edit it for length.. Now, it's to the point where it won't open any more files, no matter if it's opened them before or not.. Think Wavepad may not be the program for me, eh? The only thing I want it for is to decrease (or increase, as the case may be) the length of songs so I can burn them to CD's easier.. Perhaps the program just won't work with Vista.. :(

I downloaded Wavepad a few days ago and it worked fine with Vista for me.... For awhile.... :lol: Now when I try to use it, it gives me this error that the song I'm trying to open is either corrupted or is not a true layer 3-MPG file! Garbage! A few days ago it opened the exact same song without any problem and let me edit it for length.. Now, it's to the point where it won't open any more files, no matter if it's opened them before or not.. Think Wavepad may not be the program for me, eh? The only thing I want it for is to decrease (or increase, as the case may be) the length of songs so I can burn them to CD's easier.. Perhaps the program just won't work with Vista.. :(

===========

Waterloo has been renamed "Vista"!!

Very apt! I hate Vista, have had nothing but problems with it from the start AND I will forever kick myself in the behind for not buying a new computer with XP still on it or insisting they remove Vista and put XP on it.. But then, who knew? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like we are pretty much on our own with this problem

I dont think anyone else has this problem or therre would have been a few more replies :huh:

I'm new and I'm running vista. I haven't had any real problems other than setting up my mic, because the built in mic on my pc wants to work at the same time as my vocal mic. If you clk rec on a track, then the red rec btn in bottom lft it should rec. It won't build a clip untill you clk stop. it should appear in the track clip you highlighted first.

dripdoc@neo.rr.com

Very apt! I hate Vista, have had nothing but problems with it from the start AND I will forever kick myself in the behind for not buying a new computer with XP still on it or insisting they remove Vista and put XP on it.. But then, who knew? :unsure:

Well, you can buy XP at Wal-Mart and install it if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry, I didn't answer the question

yes, wavepad works on vista, I'm using it as we speak!!!

just be sure to name your own working folder

under;

file

wavepad options;

audio processing;

audio working folder;

clik that button, then name your own folder and partition C: or D:

as for recording

nothing I've tried, will record on vista, even the on board recorder that comes with the home premium!!!

I've dug pretty deep to find out why not, and I still don't know

the controls are different here than on XP

and it's frustrating

I'm new and I'm running vista. I haven't had any real problems other than setting up my mic, because the built in mic on my pc wants to work at the same time as my vocal mic. If you clk rec on a track, then the red rec btn in bottom lft it should rec. It won't build a clip untill you clk stop. it should appear in the track clip you highlighted first.

dripdoc@neo.rr.com

My mic works good also but it's the audio going thru the headphone jack and out to the speaker you can't record. This is a software fix and someone out there has the answer. The only reason I have wavepad is for recording audio online or thru media center etc... And now I can't! Why?? That's wierd, guess I'll have to break out the old xp laptop when I need to record. At least others are having same issue and it should eventually get resolved.

I'm gonna contact my support on monday, too busy today

maybe tech help knows something

this obviously is another vista based issue

but I've gotten some real dumb [ perhaps canned ] responses in the past from tech help

so, I'm not holding my breath here....

AND with the new "improved" SEArCH functions on vista

I can't find anything

can I proxy slap microslut from here? :o

My mic works good also but it's the audio going thru the headphone jack and out to the speaker you can't record. This is a software fix and someone out there has the answer. The only reason I have wavepad is for recording audio online or thru media center etc... And now I can't! Why?? That's wierd, guess I'll have to break out the old xp laptop when I need to record. At least others are having same issue and it should eventually get resolved.

=======================================================

For your information, WavePad is a sound editor, and was not designed as a recorder. I assume that its (limited) recording capability is advertised to counter the intense competition, rather than to do really serious recording.

This being said, I would strongly recommend that you purchase software specifically designed for recording. There is plenty of it around in various places, from many different companies. But before you search around, you should be aware that NCH makes an excellent, albeit limiti, sound recording program which it calls Golden Records. This program is not limited just recording sound from LP records, even though its name seems to imply as much. I would suggest that you see if it can do what you want. You can try it before buying, as is the case with most NCH software.

Musikone

• 6 months later...

I have Vista home edition. The only problem I have is that Vista will not display the help files of wavepad, I sent an email to the wavepad developers on this problem. I do not use wavepad for audio recording, I use another program I installed for that, and depending on what you want to record, you have to adjust your recording properties on vista first. I have had great success with both mic and what-is-playing recordings, a little difficult to record both sources.