Problem with plugin getdata.exe

rogerrem

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED SEE POST FROM funkyfier! :lol:

Hi,

After many hours of work i finaly got the plugin getdata.exe to work.. i was jumping of joy! :lol: but the happyness did not last long, here is my problem:

I use the getdata.exe plugin to retrieve pin codes for mobilephones in our business, the user punch in their mobilenumber and get read their PIN code back.

This works flawless when i use the simulator, but when i try it with a real call the plugin/script fails, even thoug is seems to run correctly.

From log (With Simulator):

08:18:00 Variable telefon = 41410407

08:18:00 Command - Go

08:18:00 Open OGM: Sjekker

08:18:00 Run plugin: getdata.exe fil.dat 41410407 pin

08:18:00 Play file: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Sjekker.wav

08:18:00 Plugin returned: pin=1234&found=found

From log (Real call):

08:17:28 Variable telefon = 41410407

08:17:28 Command - Go

08:17:28 Open OGM: Sjekker

08:17:28 Run plugin: getdata.exe fil.dat 41410407 pin

08:17:28 Play file: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Sjekker.wav

08:17:29 Plugin returned: found=fail

As you can see the plugin runs correctly, but returns no data when trying with a real call. :blink:

I am getting desperate here :( Please, has anybody encountered this problem before and have a solution? or maybe an idea to a solution?

Best regards,

rogerrem

Are you using IVM version 4.05? I have experienced similar problems with earlier versions which are now working fine in 4.05.

Yes I'm using the 4.05

It's annoying the hell out of me, that i can't find out whats wrong. :huh:

I got to get it to work..! Any ideas?

How is NCH with support on trial software? I am defenitly not buying it, if it doesn't work properly.. :mellow:

NCH only provides basic support to users (i.e. through forum or low-priority e-mail) unless the user specifically buys one of the support packages offered (see pricing here).

Your problem is very strange, but it seems it is a problem with the plug-in itself because it still reports the plug in as retuning "fail" where as if the plug-in didn't return anything, or IVM couldn't run the plug-in properly, I'd imagine there should be an error.

NCH only provides basic support to users (i.e. through forum or low-priority e-mail) unless the user specifically buys one of the support packages offered (see pricing here).

Your problem is very strange, but it seems it is a problem with the plug-in itself because it still reports the plug in as retuning "fail" where as if the plug-in didn't return anything, or IVM couldn't run the plug-in properly, I'd imagine there should be an error.

Thank you for your interest :)

I cannot find an error of any kind related to the plugin (more than what i described in my first post).

Any idea where such errors will log?

-R-

Hi,

After many hours of work i finaly got the plugin getdata.exe to work.. i was jumping of joy! :lol: but the happyness did not last long, here is my problem:

I use the getdata.exe plugin to retrieve pin codes for mobilephones in our business, the user punch in their mobilenumber and get read their PIN code back.

This works flawless when i use the simulator, but when i try it with a real call the plugin/script fails, even thoug is seems to run correctly.

From log (With Simulator):

08:18:00 Variable telefon = 41410407

08:18:00 Command - Go

08:18:00 Open OGM: Sjekker

08:18:00 Run plugin: getdata.exe fil.dat 41410407 pin

08:18:00 Play file: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Sjekker.wav

08:18:00 Plugin returned: pin=1234&found=found

From log (Real call):

08:17:28 Variable telefon = 41410407

08:17:28 Command - Go

08:17:28 Open OGM: Sjekker

08:17:28 Run plugin: getdata.exe fil.dat 41410407 pin

08:17:28 Play file: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Sjekker.wav

08:17:29 Plugin returned: found=fail

As you can see the plugin runs correctly, but returns no data when trying with a real call. :blink:

I am getting desperate here :( Please, has anybody encountered this problem before and have a solution? or maybe an idea to a solution?

Best regards,

rogerrem

Try to specify the full path of te fil.dat file, example: c:\fil.dat

The real call engine not gives the default path of the application...

If you try to access to database with the SQL plugin... create a SYSTEM DSN...

the emulator engine runs correctly on USER DSN but the real call engine NOT WORKS WITH USER DSNs cretate a SYSTEM DSN...

Bye

Try to specify the full path of te fil.dat file, example: c:\fil.dat

The real call engine not gives the default path of the application...

If you try to access to database with the SQL plugin... create a SYSTEM DSN...

the emulator engine runs correctly on USER DSN but the real call engine NOT WORKS WITH USER DSNs cretate a SYSTEM DSN...

Bye

I CANT BELIEVE IT! It WORKED!! ITS ALIIIIVE!! :lol:

I cannot believe it was that simple!

Thanks alot funkyfier! :)

Have a nice one!