How to make ExpressTalk NOT register ?

venk25

Is it possible to make Express Talk NOT send registration requests to a provider ? Basically, I want to use a line for outbound only and don't want to register Express Talk with the provider.

Just leave it closed until you want to use it. Then open it. It will register and you can make calls. When you are done, exit and turn off background operation.

Don

Just leave it closed until you want to use it. Then open it. It will register and you can make calls. When you are done, exit and turn off background operation.

Don

I have other lines in Express Talk that needs to be registered - so I have to have it running. Plus, when Express Talk registers, the registration that my other ATA has with this provider (that I want to use outbound-only on Express Talk) gets messed up - incoming calls come to Express Talk but I want them to come to the ATA only.

What you need to do is set-up a PBX system.

A PBX is kind of like a router in a network.

It takes one VoIP account and splits it up / shares it between other accounts and routes the calls however you choose.

This means you can have both the ATA and ET registered with the VoIP service at the same time without any difficulties and can have complete control over what happens on incoming and outgoing calls.

NCH currently offers a software PBX solution for free called Axon, it should solve the problems you are encountering.