Variables and plugins

Darko

Hi,

I have a couple of problems getting IVM AA to works as I would want it to, so I'll be grateful if anyone has anything helpful to say.

Well, here's the thing:

I have created an OGM (without audio) which calls a plugin that verifies the CID and returns the next OGM to go to depending on that CID.

- The first problem is that the "Skip to end of OGM immediately when finished running" option for a plugin doesn't seem to work with the End of the message Wait setting - I can't set it to 0 because there is no audio for that OGM and plugin takes about half a second to complete. Should I create an empty audio file and play that instead or is there any other way to make this work?

- Second, and much more "serious" problem is that I can't seem to reuse existing variable (returned from that plugin) consistently. I have a "nextstate" variable which I use throughout the call process to skip to different OGMs. It seems to work for the couple of times, but then it just ignores the value from the plugin and uses the value set before.

Here is an example from the log file:

Number gets checked, the "nexstate" variable gets returned and it goes correctly to that OGM. Everything OK so far.

11:01:28 Open OGM: 3_2

11:01:28 Setting call variable(s): currentstate=3_2

11:01:28 Run plugin: C:\DATA\Tajnica\TajnicaIVMPlugin.exe 3_2 CheckNumber 12345678

11:01:28 Play file: something...

11:01:30 Command - Go

11:01:30 Open OGM:

11:01:30 Play system prompt: GoodBye <----- what's that doing here??

11:01:30 Plugin returned: nextstate=3_2s

11:01:30 Plugin returned so skip to end

11:01:30 Command - Go

11:01:30 Open OGM: 3_2s

11:01:30 Play file: something...

Another number gets typed by the user, again goes correctly to the returned OGM (nextstate variable). Everything OK so far.

11:01:38 Variable number = 123456

11:01:38 Command - Go

11:01:38 Open OGM: 3_2s1

11:01:38 Setting call variable(s): currentstate=3_2s

11:01:38 Run plugin: C:\DATA\Tajnica\TajnicaIVMPlugin.exe 3_2s CheckNumber 123456

11:01:38 Play file: something...

11:01:39 Plugin returned: nextstate=3_2smn

11:01:41 Command - Go

11:01:41 Open OGM: 3_2smn

And now, as we get to the first OGM again, you can see that the value from the plugin gets ignored (it doesn't take the plugin two seconds to complete!) and it goes to previously set value.

11:01:48 Open OGM: 3_2

11:01:48 Setting call variable(s): currentstate=3_2

11:01:48 Run plugin: C:\DATA\Tajnica\TajnicaIVMPlugin.exe 3_2 CheckNumber 059042882

11:01:48 Play file: something...

11:01:50 Command - Go

11:01:50 Open OGM: 3_2smn

11:01:50 Play file: something...

11:01:50 Plugin returned: nextstate=3_2s

Did I do anything wrong here? It might be that the second problem is connected with the first (that "GoodBye prompt" looks suspicous), I just can't manage to solve them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darko

Answer to first question: Yes, just create a silent audio file to run while your program is executing.

Second Questions: What version are you running. I know this was a known issue and was suposedly fixed in the current version. I haven't tried yet.

For the first question, like threinen said, you can put in a blank audio file. In a professional environment they often use what you may call a "fetching" audio file. Basically it is an audio file that contains a second or two of soft computer-like tonal sounds that indicates to the caller the computer is doing something and to hold on just for a second (much like those loading circle animations you see online, but for a phone application).

For the second question, yes I believe the issue of re-using variables has been addressed in version 4.05

Hi,

thank you both for your answers!

It appears the second issue was somehow connected to the first one as I suspected (I am using the latest version)... When I added the silent audio file, everything started to work. I'll monitor things for a few days just in case, but it looks okay so far :P .

Cheers,

Darko