How to Transfer Calls w/ IVM and Axon

Jimbo631

Hi all,

I'm very impressed with these pieces of software, but am having a serious problem transferring calls to internal extensions. My setup is as follows: Axon and IVM installed on a Windows 2000 machine with all the updates and service packs; no firewall (it's behind my Linksys WRT54G router). I've installed the Express Talk BE softphone on another machine running WinXP with all the updates/Service Packs, and I've modified the Windows firewall to allow the ports access - and I've forwarded my ports in my router.

I can make outgoing calls just fine, and if I set the system up to ring on my extension - as opposed to using the IVM - I can answer the calls. But for some reason when I tell the system to dial my extension after someone presses "1," nothing happens. Axon's log file says the extension was dialed, the blind transfer completed, and that the call was then dropped.

I have BroadVoice as my VOIP provider, and I'm not using any POTS lines; it's VOIP only. I will absolutely purchase this product if I can get it to work, but I can't see investing in something that - for the moment - isn't working. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, so I'm not blaming the product. But I need help configuring it so that I can justify the expense of buying it. Can someone please help me????

Good evening,

I have the exact same problem and am also using BroadVoice. I have tried a few of the other settings (confirm transfer) and it hasn't solved the problem. I have just begun evaluating this software this evening and have to have an answer by tomorrow :rolleyes:

The software seems to be very good and assuming we can get this figured out we will be using it for an installation this week :D

The logs are as follows:

20:42:34 Incoming SIP call

20:42:36 VoIP Call Attendant xxxxxxxxxxx [Answered]

20:42:36 Answering call...

20:42:37 Answered line [1 "VoIP Call Attendant"] call number [11] cid [xxxxxxxxxxx] did[198] drn[0 (0ms)]

20:42:37 Text-to-Speech Synthesis: Thank you for calling Acme

20:42:42 Caller pressed key [1]

20:42:42 Command - Transfer

20:42:42 Dialing: !

20:42:42 Dialing complete

20:42:43 Dialing: 101

20:42:43 Dialing complete

20:42:45 Dialing complete

20:42:45 Blind transfer complete so drop call

20:42:45 Call has disconnected

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again

These are the logs from the IVM when I attempted an incomming call transfer with the setting of software based answer detect:

23:13:57 Incoming SIP call

23:13:59 VoIP Call Attendant 95094482373 [Answered]

23:13:59 Answering call...

23:13:59 Answered line [1 "VoIP Call Attendant"] call number [14] cid [95094482373] did[198] drn[0 (0ms)]

23:13:59 Text-to-Speech Synthesis: Thank you for calling SSI

23:14:05 Call has disconnected

23:14:05 Call disconnected

23:24:18 Incoming SIP call

23:24:20 VoIP Call Attendant xxxxxxxxxxx [Answered]

23:24:20 Answering call...

23:24:20 Answered line [1 "VoIP Call Attendant"] call number [15] cid [xxxxxxxxxxx] did[198] drn[0 (0ms)]

23:24:20 Text-to-Speech Synthesis: Thank you for calling SSI

23:24:24 Caller pressed key [1]

23:24:24 Command - Transfer

23:24:24 Dialing: !

23:24:25 Dialing complete

23:24:25 Dialing: 101

23:24:26 Dialing complete

23:24:27 Dialing complete

23:24:33 Play system prompt: RecordTone

23:24:33 Dialing complete

23:24:33 Transfer complete so drop call

23:24:33 Call has disconnected

23:24:33 Call disconnected

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

NCH is aware of this issue, as seen on this page http://www.nch.com.au/phone/sipinfo/broadvoice.html

... it states that transfers do not currently work with this service.

Edit: It's also important to note that it says it should be used with Axon only.

Good morning,

So Axon and IVM will not transfer calls when used with BroadVoice? That is a shame since we have a variety of clients we were thinking of moving to Axon that use BroadVoice. We have been using 3CX and it works well with BroadVoice. Any idea if this will be fixed for Axon in the near future or is there a work around?

Thanks again

See my post in the other topic. I didn't realize it was because of the service your clients use.. in that case, I don't really think there is much you can do unfortunately.

This is probably a shot in the dark, but who knows..Go to Setting in IVM, call transfer tab, under blind transfer, in the "To Transfer a Call Dial" box remove all Characters and leave the box blank, then do the same for [number] box leave it blank. Then check the box Use hardware blind transfer. My verision 4.05 Ivm.