Also false key presses!

insidethewire

I've just installed a new Dial Dictate system to a 4 phone line operation and am trying to move away from an old tape based system over to digital. I have over a dozen existing clients. I am using the SHT-4B/USB modem installed to Windows Vista and Dial Dictate version 4.11. I'm not sure where in the settings I've gone wrong but could really use some help! I've already lost a client to this issue as they were pretty unhappy about the lost data.

I have been able to get the basic system working to answer and begin taking dictation but so far cannot use the system as the recording cuts off prematurely. The log files say that keys have been pressed where no keys have been pressed by the client. This happens with multiple clients. Often it results in the call being terminated and the dictation is lost!!!!

How can I avoid losing data?

Please help! TIA

andremorris@cox.net

I believe the Synway manufacturers the card. Their site is:

http://www.synway.net/support_HIM.asp

Try their support - it is most excellent! Be patient with them - but they will go the extra mile. They will show you how to adjust the telephony device to be less sensitive to changes in voice inflection... which is probably what you are getting the false key presses from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've sent two emails now to Alto Edge describing the problem and asking for help. So far no one has replied to me after several weeks!?!

Has anyone here figured out how to modify the DMFT tone sensitivity with the USB modems from this company?

So far I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of support on these products. :(

Yeah - I have been waiting about 3 months for a response on a problem with their system. I have sent lots of e-mails, but I get an agitated response back. My problem is a genuine software bug in which the "short review" feature does not work. I handed off the logs illustrating the problem - they told me they were going to get back to me...

• 4 months later...
Guest nchcc

The false key presses are coming from the Synway drivers. The board can mis-detect some parts of the voice as DTMF tones, the configuration changes are suppose to change the boards sensitivity. How to configure the board... Honsetly I've been up and down the Synway site to find out how to save many of you the trouble... No love there. I'd suggest getting in contact with Synways support directly like cjessee suggested if you need info on how to configure the board. Perhaps if someone finds out how to configure the board and wants to post those directions in this forum it could help a lot of people having this issue.

The false key presses are coming from the Synway drivers. The board can mis-detect some parts of the voice as DTMF tones, the configuration changes are suppose to change the boards sensitivity. How to configure the board... Honsetly I've been up and down the Synway site to find out how to save many of you the trouble... No love there. I'd suggest getting in contact with Synways support directly like cjessee suggested if you need info on how to configure the board. Perhaps if someone finds out how to configure the board and wants to post those directions in this forum it could help a lot of people having this issue.

Synway was 600% more helpful than DialDictate - really - I have found 3 points where the Synway card was working correctly and the DialDictate software was just not picking up the right signals... I don't believe that the Synway card is the highest end - but I can't doubt them when all they give me is code that I have to forward on to DialDictate in order to get something fixed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anybody ever get any resolution to this stuff?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a card and/or software that DOES work?

I would love to hear from someone who has a good, working solution to call-in dictation, even if it's a different product!

CJESSEE - you seem to be on here a lot - what are you doing? Is it working for you?

Hi,

Having similar problems.

I have been using dialdictate from 2004. At that time i set it up with dialogic 4 port board in a DELL machine under XP professional. The dialdictate version was 3+.It has been working very well. But these PCs are getting old, cards are getting old, the software is becoming outdated. So I went in for the newer version.

So I got a brand new DELL machine with XP professional and installed the 4 port card from CALLURL and latest dialdictate(4+).When one doctor calls, it keeps incorrectly detecting keys 4 and 5. When another doctor dictates it keeps detecting another set of keys. All this happens when they are dictating and not pressing any keys. I saw one doctor loose his dictation ( It just detected a rewind key press and rewound his dictation ).

The solution given in the FAQ requires us to disable the keys. The downside to this is that we loose functionality ( it is unacceptable )

Another problem is, what if the card inaccuratly detects keys that are still enabled ?. This had made the software unusable.

Currently i have kept this new machine off and gone back to my old version. Please let us know of a solution.

S. A. Kori

Maryland, USA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anybody ever get any resolution to this stuff?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a card and/or software that DOES work?

I would love to hear from someone who has a good, working solution to call-in dictation, even if it's a different product!

CJESSEE - you seem to be on here a lot - what are you doing? Is it working for you?

I abandoned the system. Support was horrible. I tried 2 different board manufacturers that NCH suggested. Neither "helped" the problem, although synway was much better with support and such. All in all - I lost about 4,000 dollars on it. I spent the extra money and moved to Audioworxs and brooktrout cards.

My problems included limited customizability, false key presses (constantly), and the system kicks everyone off when you add a user.. so that makes it good for about 1 user.