music on hold picks up before IVM in axon

d1rage5

in axon you have the group line to pick up calls on, in the option for waiting to transfer it gives three options one being the music on hold, ringing and silence. Why would axon play the music on hold before transfering to ivm? would this be a server issue (to slow) of a software issue that i have missed somewhere?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, so I'll just clarify what the 3 options mean.

1) Ringing Only

- Doesn't answer the call automatically, the phone will ring just like it usually does for any other phone call until it is answered by one of the extensions in the group. The callers aren't charged until someone actually picks up.

2) Basic Hold Chimes

- Plays a chimes file that continually loops over and over again until someone answers. This file can be replaced with your own music to provide a basic music-on-hold option. (Will always be the same song, starting from the beginning... so if you want variety and proper on-hold options you should use IMS. Callers are charged for the call as soon as the chimes start playing.

3) Link to IMS On-Hold Player

- This options interfaces Axon with NCH's IMS On-Hold Player which will play on-hold music and announcements over the phone however you specify (e.g. randomly). Callers are charged for the call as soon as the music starts playing.

Now, if IVM is set to answer right away automatically, obviously the more appropriate option is to select "Ringing Only"

But if you were putting a call in queue (e.g. for a technical support phone line) and the caller will need to wait a few moments before the call is answered then you would select either the chimes or on-hold player option.

But I'm still now understanding what your question is.. if you just want calls to go straight to IVM, you should select the IVM extension as the one to answer calls for that line.

The group/queue options is only for applications where more than 1 extensions that should be able to answer the call (e.g. tech support line, or if you have two receptionists, or in a home). If you just want to call one extension you should set it directly to that extension, not the group.

Well i know that ext groups were made for group ringing as we are going to use this we just had one person and adding others next week). We have been testing it setup this way without issue on the test server (much faster system), we had a few other odd ball things happening with axon.

SO i thought may be some flacky memory and would you know that fixed all the problems - HP will love me sending back 4 gig of ram.....

Thanks