Data Entry

threinen

Sorry, my mistake. Yes, it's possible, but the callers must really have some fast fingers because IVM can understand PBXs that send extremely quick DTMF codes when they call into IVM. I'm not positive whether IVM uses software or hardware detection, but if they do use hardware (modem detection) it could be that the modem you are using is unable to distinguish between the tones so quickly. This is probably a question that NCH would need to answer. Personally I've never experienced the problem, but I've also only used VoIP lines not Voice Modems or Telephony Boards.

• 2 months later...

I have just updated to 4.08 and this problem has got much worse. I do not even have to push the buttons very fast and the systems seems to miss some numbers. It seems to take about half a second for it to register that I hit a button. There is nothing else running on the server. Any idea how to fix this?

I have just updated to 4.08 and this problem has got much worse. I do not even have to push the buttons very fast and the systems seems to miss some numbers. It seems to take about half a second for it to register that I hit a button. There is nothing else running on the server. Any idea how to fix this?

This may sound silly, but the only time anything like this (or close to it) had happened, when I had accidentally flicked the switch on my phone from Tone to Pulse.

Also, you can limit the errors caused by missing numbers by (a) defining maximum digits ( B ) requiring the user to press # after the entry ( c ) read out the numbers back to them to confirm.

My 2 bits.

Ray

This may sound silly, but the only time anything like this (or close to it) had happened, when I had accidentally flicked the switch on my phone from Tone to Pulse.

Also, you can limit the errors caused by missing numbers by (a) defining maximum digits ( B ) requiring the user to press # after the entry ( c ) read out the numbers back to them to confirm.

My 2 bits.

Ray

I have tried multiple phones, and I have been sitting at a monitor watching the number come across IVM. They are definately showing up much after I input them.

Did you look at the log? Anything strange there.....?

Also, is anything else slow?

Can you create a NEW OGM ( not a copy) and check to see if that is also behaving slowly?

Any other OGMs slow to respond as well.

You mentioned that there is nothing else running on the server....try having the task manager up when you are inputting the numbers, and check to see if there's any unusual spike of memory or cpu usage at that precise time.

If all else fails, I'd be happy to look at your IVR file, and plug it into my test machine to see if I have the same issues

Did you look at the log? Anything strange there.....?

Also, is anything else slow?

Can you create a NEW OGM ( not a copy) and check to see if that is also behaving slowly?

Any other OGMs slow to respond as well.

You mentioned that there is nothing else running on the server....try having the task manager up when you are inputting the numbers, and check to see if there's any unusual spike of memory or cpu usage at that precise time.

If all else fails, I'd be happy to look at your IVR file, and plug it into my test machine to see if I have the same issues

I did not see any spikes when inputting numbers. I did notice that it will work fine as long as I press them slowly. Once I push them too fast, it totally stops accepting numbers. Whenever you have time I would like to send you my program file.

Thanks