Can I delete more than one file at a time?

Guest Dreamer

Guest Dreamer

I use Express Scribe to transcribe large groups of dss files. For example, I may load 100 files into Express Scribe and transcribe each of those files one by one. I want all 100 files to remain loaded in Express Scribe until all 100 of them are transcribed and then I want to be able to delete all 100 files as a group.

I find that I can only use Delete File to delete one file at a time and so I have to use Delete File 100 separate times to get the 100 files deleted.

How can I delete all 100 files at once? Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
I use Express Scribe to transcribe large groups of dss files.  For example, I may load 100 files into Express Scribe and transcribe each of those files one by one.  I want all 100 files to remain loaded in Express Scribe until all 100 of them are transcribed and then I want to be able to delete all 100 files as a group.

I find that I can only use Delete File to delete one file at a time and so I have to use Delete File 100 separate times to get the 100 files deleted.

How can I delete all 100 files at once?  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

click on one file, hold the shift key, and then click on the last file you want to delete. When all are highlighted, go through you deleting process. It works pretty much the same way as selecting files in a Windows environment. I use very few files at a time, but when I've used multiple files, that works for me.

Guest Dreamer

Thanks for your reply, Danielle. For some reason, this will not work for me. I can't find any way whatsoever to highlight more than one file at a time. I can do so while loading files into Express Scribe, but I cannot delete them except one by one. I am using Version 3.2, which is not the current version, so maybe upgrading the version would help.

I appreciate your response.