How Does This Product Work with the Phone?

Guest Ana

I'm not sure how this product works.

Does it work by a person calling your home phone number?

Do I have to get another phone line for this?

Or do they call your modem (DSL is what I have)?

Do I have to leave my computer on at all times?

Can I convert the foot pedal from one of my other transcription machines into a USB?

Thank you for answering my questions before I decide to purchase.

Ana: I am not sure I am the right person to answer these questions but I will give it a try.

I only use the free downloaded version and like it fine. The person I work for sends my files through a FTP program and I download them to my C drive and they automatically go to the ES. I listen to the dictation on ES and type it in Word. I have DSL and did not need another phone line or anything. I do not leave my computer on all the time.

I have a USB pedal and there are great delays with it. Sometimes depending on the way the files are transfered the pedal will dely 20-30 seconds after releasing my foot from the pedal or to get it to play again. I was told trough some reasearch that this program is not really compatible with USB and you need a 9 or 15pin serial connection, whatever you have available on your computer.

I hope this helps a little.

Mickey

I'm not sure how this product works.

Does it work by a person calling your home phone number?

Do I have to get another phone line for this?

Or do they call your modem (DSL is what I have)?

Do I have to leave my computer on at all times?

Can I convert the foot pedal from one of my other transcription machines into a USB?

Thank you for answering my questions before I decide to purchase.

Guest Guest

Thank you so much for your help.

A few more questions:

I only use the free downloaded version and like it fine.  The person I work for sends my files through a FTP program and I download them to my C drive and they automatically go to the ES.

What is an FTP and an ES?

I have a USB pedal and there are great delays with it.  Sometimes depending on the way the files are transfered the pedal will dely 20-30 seconds after releasing my foot from the pedal or to get it to play again.

This seems like a pain. I guess I should convert one of my existing foot pedals into a serial connector instead then?

I hope this helps a little.

Mickey

Mickey, you helped more than you know. Thank you!