I Want To Make Calls From a Different Location

Flint

Hi All

I want to be able to use Axon from my home address at the moment we are only able to take advantage of the £25 a month to any European landline call at the office.

How can I set it up so I can use the phone system when at home.

Any pointers in the right direction and help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Lee

Well there are two ways of doing this (both are very different though), I have used both ways so I can say for certain that it should work without problem.

First Solution:

If you do not already have IVM, download and install IVM (at your office). Create an OGM that tells callers to enter the number they wish to dial, then set-it-up to receive data input (the phone number) and store the value to a variable like numcall. After the number is received (e.g. after the person presses # to indicate the end of the number), set it to go to another OGM that will transfer the call to %numcall%. The result is, you phone the office up (obviously you should have a separate incoming number for this), it asks you the number you want to dial, then it transfers you to that number using the VoIP line at the cheap rates.

OR

Second Solution:

You set-up a new extension in Axon for your home. You then forward the necessary ports on the router at the office to allow the external extension at your home access to your office's phone network. Then download and install a softphone (e.g. Express Talk) or you set-up an IP phone / VoIP ATA with the new Axon extension. The result is, you basically have an actual office phone extension, but at home.

Hi pythonpoole

Regarding the below

I have just mentioned this to our tech guy and it was this he was struggling to achieve, were can I find more information on how to do the second option is there any links so I/we can have a read up.

Second Solution:

You set-up a new extension in Axon for your home. You then forward the necessary ports on the router at the office to allow the external extension at your home access to your office's phone network. Then download and install a softphone (e.g. Express Talk) or you set-up an IP phone / VoIP ATA with the new Axon extension. The result is, you basically have an actual office phone extension, but at home.

Hi pythonpoole

Regarding the below

I have just mentioned this to our tech guy and it was this he was struggling to achieve, were can I find more information on how to do the second option is there any links so I/we can have a read up.

Second Solution:

Well I don't have the specific instructions. The way I was using it was like so:

1) At my house, I believe I had my router set-up to forward ports 5050 to 5090 to the computer with Axon installed on it (port forwarding instructions on www.porforward.com)

2) I created an extension in Axon for the external/remote user

3) On the remote computer at the second home I also opened the router and forwarded the ports used by the Softphone on that computer.

4) I set-up the softphone to use the extension I created

5) And it worked, incoming and outgoing calls worked without problems

For me it wasn't too difficult to get it to work, but I know many other people have had many problems achieving remote extensions and some users even tried to setup VPN connections to get it to work.